2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

Buster Olney just said he thinks J.A. Happ will be traded to the Yankees before the All-Star break. I'm fine with that as long as we don't give up much. He'll be out the door as soon as the season ends and I don't want to sacrifice too much for what's basically a rental. 

Happ is probably the only bright spot on a cursed Jay's roster right now. I hate that he probably won't be there next year but we've got to do something because we can't compete with the roster we have now it seems.

Edit: I also said this without realizing that Happ lost big today :( 

1 hour ago, Ms. Croatian Destroyer said:

Teoscar Hernandez is fun and Stroman could be good again. Grichuk has been good for as long as he was bad. We robbed two home runs this week (one by Grichuk and one by Pillar).

You're not making the argument better. There's a lot of "Can's" in there, which is kind of what I'm getting at :P The Jays are decent in the field but we really need some people to step up with some hits.

I don't know, I find the team fun to watch considering they're not contending. I'm actually excited for the trade deadline. They got Hernandez for Francisco Liriano last year. I've been quite impressed with the front office's evaluation of guys (the Solarte trade was great, look how much they've built the prospect depth, etc.). 

6 hours ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Remember when David Price was a good pitcher?  Dude is straight up trash now.

I was so sad at the time when we didn't re-sign him. Then he was all like "I saved my post season wins for Boston" and ruined all the good will he had built. 

53 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Blue Jays get:  SP Jacob deGrom

Mets get:  C John Tavares

You want Neil Walker back? It would appear that somewhere along his trip from Queens to the Bronx, he forgot what a baseball bat is or how to properly swing one. 

58 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Blue Jays get:  SP Jacob deGrom

Mets get:  C John Tavares

Also Blue Jay fans are going to read the first half of this post and be like :o

On 02/07/2018 at 09:04, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Remember when David Price was a good pitcher?  Dude is straight up trash now.

Price has usually been good in low pressure situations.  In the playoffs, or against the Yanks, or high pressure spots - he just folds.

I can't remember what year he can opt out of his contract, but I hope he does.  $31m a year is waaaay too much for what he's done.