MLB 2019

The Buscher

I know it doesn't apply since Lowe plays for the Rays and Torres for the Shitheads....I mean Yankees....but the All-Star Game is a fucking popularity contest. A lot of the time deserving players just don't make it. I think it hurts small market teams sometimes. I;m surprised that there's anyone from the Pirates or Reds on the team, though it would be a crime if Luis Castillo had been excluded. 

And I like that picking reserves is out of the managers' hands. Because there have been plenty of times that managers have picked players just because they played (or had played) for them or the other coaches, not because they deserved the honor. Bobby Cox was especially guilty of that shit way back when he managed the Braves.

What I do like, though, is that sometimes the players we don't think deserve to be there prove us wrong. I don't remember who the player was, but one year a lot of people complaining about a player getting in, and he drove in the game winning run. 

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

And now Gleyber’s replaced Lowe in the ASG @Meacon

Do you want to know the terrible way I found out? I got an alert in bold capital letters saying “TORRES HEADED TO CLEVELAND”

and then in smaller letters “He’s been chosen to his second All star game.” To say I had a near meltdown is an understatement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

They don't play Baseball on Thanksgiving

Yeah, as soon as I made the joke I realized that I had the wrong holiday.

Ya'll are celebrating the day Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum saved the planet from aliens, right?

• Like 2

The Trop is such a piece of shit stadium. I swear every series the Yanks have there, they hit the catwalk or something dumb happens because of how awful that stadium is. You could partially tear down the other 29 stadiums and they'd all still be nicer than that hunk of junk.