MLB 2019

The Buscher

Adam Ottavino:  1.74 ERA
DJ LeMahieu:  .311/.355/.459
Cost:  $51 million

Jeurys Familia:  7.81 ERA
Jed Lowrie:  Signs point to him not playing this season
Cost:  $50 million

And yet BVW is the one who talked all sorts of shit about the offseason the Mets had.  "Come and get us!"

• Like 1

1. NL is original baseball.I prefer the strategy of having to decide whether to leave a pitcher who is doing well in to bat or yank them for a better hitter. Plus, I'm am amazed whenever a pitcher actually hits a Home Run. Or anything better than a single, to be honest.

2. DH sucks. As I said  before, it was added in 1973 to extend careers to players who were too old or busted up to field but could still hit. Not to give careers to people who can only hit.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

You're old, GhostMachine. Get with the times. 

It's says a lot when you get excited when a pitcher gets something better than a single. You know who usually gets better than a single? A DH. 

It's coming. DH haters are going to have to get over it. And the sooner the better. The Yanks lost Tanaka for a few weeks last year because he pulled a hamstring while running the bases. Now the only good thing the Nationals have going for them just took a practice bunt to the face when he has no business being in the batters box in the first place. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It's says a lot when you get excited when a pitcher gets something better than a single. You know who usually gets better than a single? A DH. 

It's coming. DH haters are going to have to get over it. And the sooner the better. The Yanks lost Tanaka for a few weeks last year because he pulled a hamstring while running the bases. Now the only good thing the Nationals have going for them just took a practice bunt to the face when he has no business being in the batters box in the first place. 

The only pleasure I took from this post is I momentarily misread Tanaka as "Tatanka" otherwise the DH rule just makes me sad :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Meacon said:

Oh, I know the DH is coming. I just don't like it.

And I also think the Hall of Fame needs to change things when it does. Either make it hard for a pure DH to get in (both 3,000 hits AND 500 Home Runs requirement, maybe?), or add an extra inductee when one does. A position player or pitcher shouldn't have to wait a year just because someone who doesn't do anything except wait for his turn to bat gets to go in.

That’s stupid. Are you also gonna punish awful fielders if they get 3000 hits? 3000 hits is still 3000 hits. Adding stupid little extra qualifiers doesn’t negate the fact that they do that. Should they also have to switch hit? Wear their helmets backwards? Do a dance in between pitches? It’s baseball. It’s the MLB. I don’t care if you’re a DH or a slippery seal playing shortstop, if you get 3000 hits that’s elite and Hall of Fame worthy. 

Are you also saying that closers should have to do silly stuff to get in just because they pitch one inning a game? 

• Like 1

In possibly the worst idea ever, the Rays have asked for and received approval to explore the potential for becoming a two team city with Montreal, with the team playing early season home games in Tampa and the rest in Montreal.

Just move the team to Montreal outright.  People in Tampa don't care about the team now, who the hell is going to care about them if they're only playing there through May?

• Like 2