MLB 2019

The Buscher

The eight teams on Madison Bumgarner's partial no-trade clause:  Astros, Braves, Brewers, Cardinals, Cubs, Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees

So whenever he negotiated his no-trade clause, he specifically picked teams he projected to be contenders in 2019 and ended up getting most of them.

It's customary for teams to compensate a player for agreeing to waive their no-trade clause, so he's virtually guaranteed himself some extra money.  Also if more than one of these teams want him he can pretty much pick his own destination.

After not watching any Phillies games regularly, I finally remembered I could resort to..umm..less legal...ways to watch.  So glad I got to watch Zach Eflins complete game shut out tonight.  Guy was on point all game long

Out since March 31 with a left biceps strain, Yankees slugger Giancarlo Stanton is now fighting a left shoulder strain, the club announced before Tuesday night's game against the Orioles was postponed due to rain. Manager Aaron Boone said earlier on Tuesday that Stanton was "moving in the right direction" by starting to take at-bats, and that his biceps injury is no longer an issue, but that the former National League MVP's shoulder is "just not right."

From the MLB app I got

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias has been arrested under suspicion of domestic battery.

Urias placed on leave after arrest
MLB's decision on Dodgers P Julio Urias is effectively immediately and could be extended past the seven-day limit  

I got that from the ESPN app

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

I wish every day was doubleheader day. Nothing better than a game in the afternoon and another at night.

I keep saying that with baseball season running so long they should build in a few doubleheader days into the season right off the bat, maybe every 3rd Wednesday every team plays 2. You'd shorten the season by a whole week.

• Like 1

Just one day after Cano attempted to justify not legging out a groundout because there were already two outs (a claim that was not correct, there was one out so now he's admitting he wasn't paying attention)...today he doesn't even attempt to run to first on another double play.  Probably going to get booed his first time at the plate tomorrow and he deserves it.

Ownership, general manager, scouts....

It is unfair when a manager suffers because everyone else picks the roster, and even the best manager can't win if most of his roster was picked by brain-addled, imcompetent morons. (Or is some cases, is managing a small market team that can't afford to spend big.) At least in pro football, the coach has some say in who is on the team.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

I’m probably going to one last game with my dad this week.  But after that, I’m done.

And I don’t mean done for this season.  I mean done done.

The franchise is terribly run and clearly cursed.  There’s no reason to expect it to ever get better, so there’s no point in wasting my time anymore.  I think there are few reasons you can justifiably bail on being a fan of a team - but everyone has a nonsense threshold and the Mets have far exceeded it in the last 12 or so years.

I’d say I’ll find something else to do with my summers, but I love the game of baseball too much to go without it.  So I guess I’m a free agent.

1 hour ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

I’m probably going to one last game with my dad this week.  But after that, I’m done.

The franchise is terribly run and clearly cursed.  There’s no reason to expect it to ever get better, so there’s no point in wasting my time anymore.  I think there are few reasons you can justifiably bail on being a fan of a team - but everyone has a nonsense threshold and the Mets have far exceeded it in the last 12 or so years.

I’d say I’ll find something else to do with my summers, but I love the game of baseball too much to go without it.  So I guess I’m a free agent.

148408.jpg

No, you're welcome.

Only the Mets would have a player step in a hole and have a catastrophic, potentially career-ending ankle injury.

The curse for them is very real, but with some of the worst ownershipn in the sport it just adds up. I feel for everyone who treks out to Queens to watch them play.

2 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

If you're looking for the American League version of the Mets then do I have a suggestion for you!

• Haha 1