MLB 2019

The Buscher

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Jon Lester left the game after just two innings because he was running the bases because the National League is archaic and forces their pitchers to hit the ball like savages. 

Jon Lester left the game after feeling a sense of accomplishment by reaching base, instead having some one tool muscle head who can't even muster up the athletiscm to play left field hit for him like an older brother getting you past a level in a video game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Jon Lester left the game after just two innings because he was running the bases because the National League is archaic and forces their pitchers to hit the ball like savages. 

Zack Greinke has two home runs this year.

Everybody loves it when the pitchers crank out extra base hits.

They were talking about him on the O's/Yanks broadcast yesterday and they said he's not once tried a bunt or to approach hitting any other way than what he's always done. He's just stubbornly riding out this sad storm. It is getting to the point where, like Busch said, Baltimore just needs to cut their losses. They're going to be paying him for the next twenty years anyway. May as well get someone who is a guaranteed out out of the lineup.  

6 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

What position has he been taking in the batting order? Because it sounds like he should be bunting. Even if there's no one on base and/or he's the last Out.

There's no punting in baseball!

My buddy Joe got called up to the show this morning. He figures he’ll be sent back down in a few days regardless of how he does (because CC is coming back soon), but here’s to hoping he gets to pitch a couple innings to go down in the records as officially being a Yankee! So excited for him. :D 

• Like 6

He wasn’t drunk. He’s just a nervous wreck when it comes to Joe. He was pacing back and forth all game in his first AAA game. I can’t believe they had him sit still that long last night. You can tell he’s just overcome with emotion and trying to watch his son pitch, hence the rambling. :lol: 

• Like 1

The closest "connection" I have to a big leaguer is that Matt Barnes of the Red Sox is from my town and his dad is the CFO of the company I worked at for years.

My cousin was a solid pitcher in high school but not good enough to be recruited by anybody other than D-3 schools which don't offer athletic scholarships.  He's now playing baseball at my alma mater.  I've just looked to see how they're doing and holy crap, what a weird stat line.

They are 5-16 despite scoring 155 runs in 21 games (average of 7 per game).  That's because their team ERA is 11.35.  My cousin for his part has appeared in three games, surrending 14 ER in just 2.1 innings, for a cool ERA of 54.00.

Fucking ouch.

• Like 1

Gimme a link to Joe's stats or a wiki page about him or something already, @Meacon.

Also, one of my cousins played minor league ball for a Braves affiliate in the 90s. Yay.