MLB 2019

The Buscher

Can't say I'm surprised with the lackadaisical effort from the Mets today.  I really don't know what they were thinking with scheduling their home opener to be a day game after a night game.  They were already going to get home late, but then MLB provided the cherry on top with a random drug test after the game last night which delayed them even further.  I don't think they got home until around 3 AM and they had to be back at the ballpark by 10.

I know teams feel like the opener always needs to be a day game for tradition, but surely they could've made it a 4 PM start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Can't say I'm surprised with the lackadaisical effort from the Mets today.  I really don't know what they were thinking with scheduling their home opener to be a day game after a night game.  They were already going to get home late, but then MLB provided the cherry on top with a random drug test after the game last night which delayed them even further.  I don't think they got home until around 3 AM and they had to be back at the ballpark by 10.

I know teams feel like the opener always needs to be a day game for tradition, but surely they could've made it a 4 PM start.

Yeah I would have been pissed too. That's a pretty ridiculous turnaround.

• Like 1

I mean, the Mets had been on the road since the end of Spring Training. The Mets took a bus from St Lucie to Sarasota to end Spring Training, and then had to fly to Syracuse for that dumb public workout at the Carrier Dome, then flew to DC, did the road series in Miami, and got back to Queens at 3 am before having to be at Citi at 10am. And they're 5-2 so far. It's been a slog, but they've done well so far. I'm not disappointed with them rn. 

deGrom has allowed 1 run or fewer in 46% career starts.

8 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Pay no attention to GhostMachine. He's been dead certain the Mets would suck all offseason despite them having some of the best pitching, including perhaps the best pitcher, in the league. 

And, yeah, when you have that rotation you can go far as long as it stays healthy. I'm more worried about what else is in New York's division than I am about their team. It could very well be a situation where they win 85 games and finish 4th.

Also I'm gonna sahyder this because they don't deserve it. Cleveland is 3 outs away from a combined no-hitter but they have walked 8 Blue Jays and hit 2 others with pitches. That's right, TEN BASERUNNERS. They even had the bases loaded in the top of the 8th.