MLB 2019

The Buscher

32 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Watching the free preview of Extra Innings. It's so weird for me to hear local announcers who aren't my guys. This is something I very rarely experience. Like @Meacon who are these dorks that call your games? Any former players or anything?

I’m at LAX right now so I’m not watching. It’s likely Michael Kay, David Cone, and maybe Paul O’Neill.

Based on context clues I would say that's right. A guy named "Coney" talked about giving up a HR to Jim Thome 20 years ago, there is a guy named Paul and there is a third guy who talked at some point. This Kay guy is cringe worthy with some of the stuff he says though.

Kay: He is really slinging some hash out there on the mound!

Complete silence for nearly 15 seconds :lol: 

28 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Based on context clues I would say that's right. A guy named "Coney" talked about giving up a HR to Jim Thome 20 years ago, there is a guy named Paul and there is a third guy who talked at some point. This Kay guy is cringe worthy with some of the stuff he says though.

Kay: He is really slinging some hash out there on the mound!

Complete silence for nearly 15 seconds :lol: 

Yeah “Coney” is David Cone. And Kay is great once you’re used to him. He’s corny but great.

Nice to open the season with a series win in Washington but my god, for a former pitching coach Mickey Callaway can’t manage a bullpen.

Seven run lead and he’s using his second best reliever Seth Lugo.  Clearly doesn’t have his best stuff, Mickey leaves him in to throw 40 pitches in the second game of the season which means he’s probably out for a few days.  And Edwin Diaz ended up needing to close it out in an emergency.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Does that shock you in an instant gratification society? 

I cant wait for if the Phillies fail to win the World Series this year to hear the meltdown of the fanbase saying Harper wasnt worth it.

They *might* make it to the playoffs as a Wild Card (still think the Braves will win the NL East), but they won't even make it to the Series, so that meltdown is coming.

(I've a feeling we might get a Red Sox-Dodgers rematch.)

With the Bogaerts extension, MLB teams have now guaranteed $4 billion in player salaries since November 1st, which shatters the previous record.  This is coming on the heels of a report that the league encourages teams to suppress salaries in arbitration.

MLB:  "NO COLLUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That would be my assessment as well, because the way things stand right now, there is no way in hell a lock out or strike isn't coming. Might not even be this season, but it is coming.

The CBA expires after the 2021 season so that's likely to be when it happens.  Guys are well served getting their money now and for guys like Syndergaard who have said they aren't interested in an extension are going to roll the dice on free agency anyway, they need to be careful with their money.

Similarly I believe the NFLPA has been warning players for the last couple of seasons because a lockout after 2020 is a given there too.

Yeah. Add Stanton and Andujar on the IL for today alone. Luckily we called up Frazier and Tyler Wade, two guys that probably could have been on the opening day roster anyway. But still. This crap has to stop or we're going to be putting Handsome Luchador in the outfield.