MLB 2019

The Buscher

Marcus Stroman pitched 7 scoreless innings, allowing only two hits in the season opener for Toronto. I know it's only Detroit, but that's a great sign. Stroman and Sanchez need to have bounce-back years if the team wants to be even close to sniffing the second wildcard spot. If only one of them bounces back, there's no chance. If that happens, they'll either move both, or commit to one long term and move the other.

Jays management also seems more open now to bringing Vlad up as soon as he's ready, so it's going to be interesting to see if they actually do that, or if they keep him in Buffalo long enough to manipulate his service time. Either way, Atkins said he didn't feel like he was ready, but Shapiro just said yesterday or this morning that Guerrero will be up as soon as he's good to go.

AL East

1. Yankees

2. Red Sox (WC1)

3. Rays 

4. Blue Jays

5. Orioles (this might be one of the five worst teams in MLB history by the end of the year)

AL Central

1. Indians

2. Twins

3. White Sox

4. Tigers

5. Royals

AL West

1. Astros

2. A's (WC2)

3. Angels

4. Mariners

5. Rangers

NL East

1. Phillies

2. Braves

3. Nationals

4. Mets

5. Marlins

NL Central (this year's Group of Death)

1. Brewers

2. Cubs (WC1)

3. Cardinals (WC2)

4. Reds

5. Pirates

NL West

1. Dodgers

2. Rockies

3. Padres

4. D'Backs

5. Giants

Yankees over Dodgers in 6 in the World Series

I almost feel bad for the Orioles. I was listening to some guy make a prediction that the O's are gonna be the worst team in history this year, and then I put on the Yankees/Orioles game for two seconds and they were already down 3-0 in the first inning. It's gotta be a hard time to be an Oriole fan. 

5 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

In this day and age, it’s hard to avoid coming across spoilers for sporting events but I managed to stay off the grid for 7 hours until I could get home and watch Mets Opening Day on DVR.  Worth the wait.  Always nice to open with a win!

Good shit. Are you going to the home opener next week?

Aw man, I had no idea the Rangers season opener was against the Cubs. I should have done my research months out and planned a trip back down to Dallas just to catch a Cubs game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, El TiBrandon Nimmo said:

I almost feel bad for the Orioles. I was listening to some guy make a prediction that the O's are gonna be the worst team in history this year, and then I put on the Yankees/Orioles game for two seconds and they were already down 3-0 in the first inning. It's gotta be a hard time to be an Oriole fan. 

There's at least direction now under the new regime. I'm fine with losing as the Orioles will be losing over the next couple of years because there's a clear plan to build from the ground up like Elias and Mejdal helped do in Houston. If they have to have 4-5 years of sucking for 4-5 years of good times every decade that's okay with me, I have no illusions about this. But it's still going to be extremely rough to watch, half the Opening Day lineup were guys who don't even belong on a major league roster. Trey Mancini and Jonathan Villar will account for half of the team's offense this year. At least we have the eventual Yusniel Diaz call-up to look forward to as well as the potential that Alex Cobb puts together a great season.

I think the stats might actually be harder on the O's than their record. They'll get pounded into dust by Boston and New York 30 times, but they have games against multiple AL teams that are also gonna be bad to terrible--Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, Texas, and Toronto. That will soften the losses so that they might win above 50.

16 hours ago, El TiBrandon Nimmo said:

Worse than the shitshow down on MIA/british virgin islands ?

Before they signed him, to listen to people speak, I really believe they thought they were getting a Trout equivalent. And while I like Bryce, and would have loved to have him in the Bronx, he is most definitely not Mike Trout.

That said, it could be a long thirteen years for Mr. Harper. Luckily for him, he has $330 million coming his way so er’y lil’ thing gon’ be ah’right.

• Like 1