MLB 2019

The Buscher

The Trout extension is deserved. I think at this point I can say he's the best baseball player I've seen. Bonds, Griffey, and A-Rod all give him a run but Trout is just such a joy to watch.

I also think Harper constantly going "Yeah I want Trout in Philly" helped nudge the Angels into the direction of just offering him the big money now. Classic example of a friend looking out for another friend. Now Harper can turn his focus to Kris Bryant.

37 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Trout extension is deserved. I think at this point I can say he's the best baseball player I've seen. Bonds, Griffey, and A-Rod all give him a run but Trout is just such a joy to watch.

I also think Harper constantly going "Yeah I want Trout in Philly" helped nudge the Angels into the direction of just offering him the big money now. Classic example of a friend looking out for another friend. Now Harper can turn his focus to Kris Bryant.

Take it back :angry:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Harper basically admitted this today.  He knew the Angels weren’t ever going to let him leave but that his own contract was going to be merely a starting point for what Trout could get.

The season technically started this morning with the Mariners defeating the A's to kick off a two-game series in Japan that counts towards the regular season standings.

Teams were allowed to carry a modified 28 man roster, which enabled the Mariners to put Ichiro on the roster even after his soft retirement last May.  He started in right field and went 0-1 with a walk before being subbed out after three innings.  He's going to appear in tomorrow's game as well, but he might not start.

He actually entered spring hoping to to play well enough to have a resurgence and earn a spot on the regular 25 man roster, but he's hit .080 and has all but acknowledged in interviews that he just isn't up to it anymore.  So yeah, tomorrow is almost certainly his final game.

It’s nice but it’s also really stupid they’re playing games that count towards the season that far out in advance.  

The White Sox and Eloy Jimenez are in agreement on a 6-year, $42.5 million contract with team options worth two years and $32.5 million.

As such, a week after sending him to minor league camp to “work on his defense”, he has now been declared Chicago’s Opening Day right fielder.

13 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

And now Justin Verlander gets a two-year, $66 million extension.

And yet the Mets continue to sit on their hands with giving deGrom his much-deserved extension.

I'm dreaming of a world where the Mets make him so angry that they have to move him, and the Jays' window of contention looks better than projected... and Rogers throws all the money at DeGrom. All of the money. Having a legitimate ace in the rotation would take a lot off the shoulders of Sanchez and Stroman, if they survive long enough as Jays to see the brighter future ahead.