MLB 2019

The Buscher

4 hours ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

I’d say I’ll find something else to do with my summers, but I love the game of baseball too much to go without it.  So I guess I’m a free agent.

I'd say Boston, but I already know the answer to that

How about Minnesota?

• Like 1

Yeah, I get that they have gone through and chosen dates to sit him all the way up to the end of the year... but you have to be flexible with that. He's hitting .333 with four homers and more walks than strikeouts in his last 21 plate appearances... so he's hot right now, and they had what I believe to be the largest crowd since opening day, being that it was a national holiday and all... and they couldn't push back his rest day to try and keep him going at the plate and reward the crowd for coming out?

On another note, all Mets fans are welcome to jump aboard to Blue Jays train. You won't be seen as a bandwagon jumper because you won't be supporting a team that's at the top of the league, but it's a good time to get in, because we'll have this year of shit, then one or two more mediocre-to-average seasons, and by that point, the core should be among the best young players in the AL and the front office will be handing out big money to fill positions of need.

Of course, it's baseball... so one really bad injury, or big move that goes sideways could completely derail all of that... but that's what makes the sport so much fun to follow.

On 18/05/2019 at 18:57, Eric Buschenhagen said:

The Mets are pathetic and their season is over.

• Like 1

Gleyber Torres and Gary Sanchez are beatin' the O's like they stole something. The rest of the team is helping out too, but Torres and Sanchez are pretty much outscoring Baltimore this series by themselves. 

Naturally, as soon as I post that, CC starts to shit the bed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El TiBrandon Nimmo said:

Mets are 2-0 since Yoenis Cespedes sacrificed his ankle for our sins. I'm wondering who else we can sacrifice.

Watch deGrom go down for the year and the Mets win the World Series.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, El TiBrandon Nimmo said:

Being a Mets fan is hard. If they lose today, it won't be DeGrom's fault. This is exhausting. 

Edit: nevermind, we won. But still. <_<

If it makes you feel any better, a podcast I listen to was talking about how the Blue Jays are hitting only a smidge better than Mets pitchers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

If it makes you feel any better, a podcast I listen to was talking about how the Blue Jays are hitting only a smidge better than Mets pitchers. 

Hehe maybe a little bit. But boy, Vladdy Jr is a stud. Can't wait to see how his career pans out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

It's hard to watch the games because of how many terrible bats are in the line-up. When Freddy Galvis is one of your BETTER hitters, it's a problem. At least we have Vladito in the bigs, plus Bichette and co. coming up.

On 23/05/2019 at 13:50, Toe said:

It's hard to watch the games because of how many terrible bats are in the line-up. When Freddy Galvis is one of your BETTER hitters, it's a problem. At least we have Vladito in the bigs, plus Bichette and co. coming up.

Biggio just got called up, so that'll be fun to watch.

Today the Mets signed Ervin Santana and Matt Kemp. I'll take it.

• Like 1