MLB 2019

The Buscher

On 20/05/2019 at 16:56, Meacon said:

148408.jpg

No, you're welcome.

Look, I won't dispute that the Yankees are classic and timeless, like Frank Sinatra and pinstripes.

Unfortunately, that also makes them old and played out. Their best days behind them without George. All that hate for being a bandwagon fan, but none of the success.

Look to the west, in beautiful, sunny Los Angeles, where the best team in the land plays in the most beautiful ballpark in the nation. Six straight division titles and two pennants, but we lose in the Series all the time so only our division hates us!

You get a better class of rivals, like the San Francisco Giants, who are waaaaay more dislikable than the boring Atlanta Braves. Did Chipper Jones ever hit Dwight Gooden in the head with a bat? No, because Chipper Jones is wack.

You still get to like Mike Piazza, and your blue is literally our blue. So come to Chavez Ravine, our Blue Heaven, and the best baseball team in the world, the Los Angeles Dodgers.

On 24/05/2019 at 16:58, GhostMachine said:

Fixed your post.

$5 says if Matt Kemp was on the Dodgers he's a borderline all-star. He just belongs here 😢

Your Dodgers are just as old as the Yankees. Just a lot, and I mean a LOT less successful. They're not the "new-school" you claim them to be. More of a loveable loser type dealy. 😛 

Besides, Busch is already a New York fan. He lives close enough to the city that he has easy access to the real most beautiful stadium in the country. No self-respecting East coast guy is going to root for a west coast team. May as well pull for Russia in the next Olympics. 

I think Busch knows the right decision. It's just going to take him some time to realize that his heart belongs in New York. But it's the Bronx, and not in Queens. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Your Dodgers are just as old as the Yankees. Just a lot, and I mean a LOT less successful. They're not the "new-school" you claim them to be. More of a loveable loser type dealy. 😛 

Besides, Busch is already a New York fan. He lives close enough to the city that he has easy access to the real most beautiful stadium in the country. No self-respecting East coast guy is going to root for a west coast team. May as well pull for Russia in the next Olympics. 

I think Busch knows the right decision. It's just going to take him some time to realize that his heart belongs in New York. But it's the Bronx, and not in Queens. 

Look, Jackie Robinson founded the Dodgers when he became the first black ballplayer in the history of ever, then they beat the Yankees and moved to LA, and I will not hear differently.

• Like 2

Cutch was a major part of the lineup so without him, I wonder if they can find someone to fill his void as he was in such a good spot surrounded by talent that let him shine even more. Loved seeing his at bats when I could watch a game at the bar or something.