The 2020 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

Would y'all prefer a end of year thread separate and apart from the 2020? People could post their year end lists and discuss various lists, the Grammys, etc. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taylor Swift is dropping a new album, Evermore, a companion to Folklore. Just announced it on social media about an hour or so ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CInkR4Ajyi1/

I thought the Avalanche album was okay until the MGMT and Jamie XX songs came on. When the Jamie XX song came on, it felt like a completely different album. They have much pretty ditched samples these days to focus more on guests. Interesting approach. 

On 14/12/2020 at 11:30, RPS said:

I thought the Avalanche album was okay until the MGMT and Jamie XX songs came on. When the Jamie XX song came on, it felt like a completely different album. They have much pretty ditched samples these days to focus more on guests. Interesting approach. 

A few days later, this may be my runner up for AOTY. It is a really fun party album that utilizes the guest amazingly. 

Managed to hit my target of 500 albums and 100 EPs :D

Just doing a mop up of a few releases, then I'll tweak the final order and post my Top whatever. 

I think the only album that's really hit me a certain type of way this year is The End of Everything EP by Noah Cyrus. There's other stuff I've really liked - Dua Lipa, Miley Cyrus, DaBaby, Megan Thee Stallion, etc.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure Noah Cyrus has the album of the year IMO.

Let an AI judge your Spotify listening habits

> Your spotify was moonshine-80s-punk-boomer bad.

> Thank your obsessions with Johnny Cash, Dead Kennedys, and Judas Priest for that.

> Based on your listening habits, I can also tell you your spotify was...

> 60s-acid-flashback bad

> middle-aged-pop-punk bad

> mid-nineties-flannel-shirt bad

> dry-humping-jim-morrisons-grave bad

> weeping-in-your-bourbon bad

Not at all wrong..

> Your spotify was albanian-pop-agenda-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-learns-about-rap-from-tiktok bad.

> Thank your obsessions with Dua Lipa, soundtrack (e.g., Hans Zimmer and Jóhann Jóhannsson), and Jack Harlow for that.

> Based on your listening habits, I can also tell you your spotify was...

> liberal-arts-hip-hop bad

> motherfucking-starboy bad

> moms-spaghetti bad

> can-be-convinced-the-earth-is-flat bad

> classic-rock-radio-station bad

> Unfortunately that's not all I learned:

:o

515 Albums and 101 EPs later, I've finalised my end of year lists. You can read my Top 150 Albums and Top 50 EPs on my blog here: https://garethjhunt.wordpress.com/2020/12/27/top-albums-and-eps-of-2020/

There's a couple of Spotify playlists included. One track per release (two notable absentees because the albums are Bandcamp only). 

• Like 1