What's the best movie where they are bad at sports and then a man comes and makes them good at sports?

K

2 hours ago, Subject Delta said:

How the heck is Mighty Ducks only mentioned once, and as part of a list where it's not even first?

You should all be ashamed. Gordon Bombay didn't die for this.

My list was in no particular order

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Moneyball?! 

i watched that one as well, that one is interesting because he's not making the athletes good, he's making the team good with what the athletes have to offer. it's different from like Little Giants where he teaches bad sports people to be good sports people

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Forky said:

And how many times have you watched it recently? 😛 

I tried to watch it on Disney+ and I can only stomach about three minutes at a time before I have to turn it off. 

Necessary Roughness and Bad News Bears are pretty bad ass. Love those movies, Mighty Ducks is for a sure classic. 

White Men Can't Jump is also amazing but doesn't really count because both guys are good basketball players. But Woody Harrelson does act like he's very bad to hustle Wesley Snipes. My favorite. 

But I guess that would be more apt for the "Best movie where a guy pretends be at something to hustle money out of somebody". 

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

Necessary Roughness and Bad News Bears are pretty bad ass. Love those movies, Mighty Ducks is for a sure classic. 

White Men Can't Jump is also amazing but doesn't really count because both guys are good basketball players. But Woody Harrelson does act like he's very bad to hustle Wesley Snipes. My favorite. 

But I guess that would be more apt for the "Best movie where a guy pretends be at something to hustle money out of somebody". 

Necessary Roughness is one of my favorite football movies, period. 

White Men Can't Jump is good, but my favorite Woody Harrelson sports movie is Play It To The Bone, with him and Antonio Banderas as middleweight boxers. But, just remember 

Spoiler

Aint no thing but a chicken wing on a string.

*edited* And dammit, I fdrgot all about Semi-Pro, which livid mentioned while I was still typing. THAT is actually my favorite sports movie with Woody Harrelson in it, with Play It To The Bone second. 

Edited by GhostMachine

49 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Necessary Roughness is one of my favorite football movies, period. 

White Men Can't Jump is good, but my favorite Woody Harrelson sports movie is Play It To The Bone, with him and Antonio Banderas as middleweight boxers. But, just remember 

Reveal hidden contents

*edited* And dammit, I fdrgot all about Semi-Pro, which livid mentioned while I was still typing. THAT is actually my favorite sports movie with Woody Harrelson in it, with Play It To The Bone second. 

Oh yeah, I saw Play it to the bone years ago and really liked it.

was genuinely not expecting to get this much mileage out of a stupid thread.

The Rock is in Gridiron Gang, which is youth prison football, and pretty good.

Stone Cold is in the remake of the Longest Yard, which is adult prison football

The british version, mean machine is really good.

5 hours ago, K said:

was genuinely not expecting to get this much mileage out of a stupid thread.

The Rock is in Gridiron Gang, which is youth prison football, and pretty good.

Stone Cold is in the remake of the Longest Yard, which is adult prison football

The british version, mean machine is really good.

That film is full of wrestlers/people who are adjacent to wrestling. Nash, Austin, Khali, Goldberg, Bob Sapp, hell Terry Crews had at least one WCW appearance.