TEW20 Real World Update: April 2021

Some MLW Changes

Erick Stevens should be retired and removed from MLW
Kenny/Kenn Doane announced his retirement. Remove him from MLW
Add Daivari to MLW as a heel, add him to Contra Unit
Add Logan Creed to MLW as Mads Krugger, heel, should be part of Contra Unit
The IWA Carribbean Heavyweight Title should be owned by MLW and renamed to "Carribean Heavyweight Champion" with Richard Holliday as the champion. He defeated Savio Vega for the belt in January 2021.
The Opera Cup should be created as a yearly title that started in 2019. Winners so far have been Davey Boy Smith Jr in 2019 and Tom Lawlor in 2020. It's defended in December each year.
Battle Riot could also be created as an annual title. 40 Man battle Royal style except pin/submissions also count. Last one standing gets an MLW World Heavyweight Title match
Calvin Tankman needs to be added to the roster, handshake deal, face, Badass style gimmick
Bu Kao Dao should be added to the roster, handshake deal, face, Legitimate Gimmick as he's a striker style
Kevin Ku should be added to the roster, heel, legit gimmick, should be part of Team Filthy
Jordan Oliver & Myron Reed should be a team called #INJUSTICE
ACH should be added to the roster, heel, Realistic Gimmick (I'd best describe it as curmudgeonly old man telling these kids to get off his lawn)
TJP needs to be added, heel, arrogant gimmick
Leo Brian and Mike Patrick need to be added to the roster, they form a team called The Dirty Blondes and are managed by Aria Blake who also needs to be added to the roster. They are heels with old school heel vibes.
Mike Parrow should be on the roster as Parrow, face I believe, monster gimmick
Jarred Saint Laurent needs to be added. He's their color commentator for Fusion.
I also don't think that Spinal Impact Moves are not allowed should be checked in Product. I don't think this should be checked for pretty much any indy company.
Also not sure that face/heel divide should be strictly enforced since MLW's alignment is more dependent on story than actually being enforced.
LA Park and El Hijo L del LA Park should be a team called Los Parks

Edit: You might not want to make the IWA Carribean title an MLW title, but you might want to set up an "MLW Network" alliance with MLW, IWA PR (if it's in the database. I'm not in front of my computer at the moment) and maybe any other company working with MLW. They currently have partnerships with The Crash, AAA, NOAH, IWA and DRAGON GATE.

14 hours ago, Forky said:

Some MLW Changes

Edit: You might not want to make the IWA Carribean title an MLW title, but you might want to set up an "MLW Network" alliance with MLW, IWA PR (if it's in the database. I'm not in front of my computer at the moment) and maybe any other company working with MLW. They currently have partnerships with The Crash, AAA, NOAH, IWA and DRAGON GATE.

Alliances only work with active promotions, all the promotions MLW work with have working agreements already to trade talent.

1 minute ago, TheWho87 said:

Alliances only work with active promotions, all the promotions MLW work with have working agreements already to trade talent.

So are you saying IWA isn't set up? Like I said, not currently at my computer. If it's not in the database, then you might want to at least set up the Carribean Heavyweight Championship for MLW as he's defending it there.

50 minutes ago, Forky said:

So are you saying IWA isn't set up? Like I said, not currently at my computer. If it's not in the database, then you might want to at least set up the Carribean Heavyweight Championship for MLW as he's defending it there.

Basically yeah, IWA Puerto Rico is not on my plans of being active, none of the Puerto Rician promotions are, mostly because their such a pig to get info on.

Speaking of MLW, im sure your probably aware but just in case - MLW have a new TV Deal with VICE TV, starting May 1st

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/mlw-announces-new-tv-deal-with-vice-tv/

Haven't seen any details about what the show is called but imagine it will air as a lead-in for Dark Side of the Ring as NJPW was pitched that when they talked with them. Maybe just call it MLW on VICETV until they confirm a show name. 

• Ronda Rousey is four months pregnant so she will need that note adding
  • Cedrix Alexander and Shelton Benjamin both need MVP removing as manager
  • Tamina and Nia Jax are an active team but given recent events that appears to have ended for now so they should be set as inactiv

Ring Of Honor:
I don't know that they should have a strictly enforced Face/Heel divide. Most wrestlers in ROH have a very tenuous alignment depending on who they're feuding with.
Lifeblood is no longer a stable
Jay Lethal, Rhett Titus, Tracy Williams and Jonathan Gresham are a stable known as The Foundation
Bandido, Rey Horus and Flamita are currently in a stable called The Mexisquad though Flamita did just somewhat turn on Bandido.
Villain Enterprise is basically gone. Brody King is leading his own stable known as Violence Unlimited stylized as VLNCE UNLTD with King, Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson & Homicide
Amy Rose does not appear to be in the database so she should be created and added to Faccion Ingobernables. La Bestia Del Ring also needs to be added to the roster as part of this stable.
If you're going to keep the face/heel divide then the entirety of Shane Taylor Enterprises should be the same alignment. Right now Shane is listed a heel, Kaun is listed as a face and Moses is a face. 

Also spinal impact moves being banned for ROH is weird.

6 hours ago, Forky said:

Ring Of Honor:
I don't know that they should have a strictly enforced Face/Heel divide. Most wrestlers in ROH have a very tenuous alignment depending on who they're feuding with.
Lifeblood is no longer a stable
Jay Lethal, Rhett Titus, Tracy Williams and Jonathan Gresham are a stable known as The Foundation
Bandido, Rey Horus and Flamita are currently in a stable called The Mexisquad though Flamita did just somewhat turn on Bandido.
Villain Enterprise is basically gone. Brody King is leading his own stable known as Violence Unlimited stylized as VLNCE UNLTD with King, Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson & Homicide
Amy Rose does not appear to be in the database so she should be created and added to Faccion Ingobernables. La Bestia Del Ring also needs to be added to the roster as part of this stable.
If you're going to keep the face/heel divide then the entirety of Shane Taylor Enterprises should be the same alignment. Right now Shane is listed a heel, Kaun is listed as a face and Moses is a face. 

Also spinal impact moves being banned for ROH is weird.

I would agree that ROH doesn't have faces or heels, since VLNCE UNLTD is against all. 

Amy Rose was dumped from LFI at 19th Anniversary.

Flamita seemingly turned on Bandido this past week.

Also I forget what ROH is calling him but, Dutch/Bill Carr was the man to interrupt the Taven-Vincent match at 19th Anniversary. 

On 21/04/2021 at 01:10, Forky said:

I also don't think that Spinal Impact Moves are not allowed should be checked in Product. I don't think this should be checked for pretty much any indy company.

This is the "no piledrivers" rule, I'd argue in recent years most promotions would work by this logic, and would only use such moves on special occasions, which can be done in road agents settings booking matches.

I mean it's your mod but I'd very much disagree with that. I don't feel like it works the same in the game. Piledrivers are one thing but there are many things that could be considered a "Spinal Impact Move" and I'd actually say that while they may not do the straight piledriver anymore, they do moves that effectively work the same way...such as the Canadian Destroyer that is brought out more than just for special occasions. 

I'd even say that WWE has relaxed that rule a whole lot more than they were a few years ago.

The game defines it as moves that spike people on their heads and compress the neck, specifically pointing out pikedrivers and brainbusters. I'd argue those kinds of moves got toned down around the time of full on chair shots, and any times these moves are used now is in a more safer way.

This isn't the mid 2000's where everyone was getting dropped on their head to look like the tough guy.

34 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

The game defines it as moves that spike people on their heads and compress the neck, specifically pointing out pikedrivers and brainbusters. I'd argue those kinds of moves got toned down around the time of full on chair shots, and any times these moves are used now is in a more safer way.

This isn't the mid 2000's where everyone was getting dropped on their head to look like the tough guy.

No but it is the time when people are being dropped on their spine and head on the hardest part of the apron outside the ring. Like I said, it's your mod so it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, Forky said:

No but it is the time when people are being dropped on their spine and head on the hardest part of the apron outside the ring. Like I said, it's your mod so it is what it is.

What you've described is what the game defines as high risk moves, which is unckecked.

From the in game handbook.

pAj06d5.jpg

On 23/04/2021 at 09:52, C-MIL said:

It's going to be MLW Fusion.

- Thanks C-Mil. So not a new show? Does this mean Fusion is on two channels? or the BEIN Sports deal ended? Starts this Saturday on VICETV at 12pm so add in an afternoon timeslot @TheWho87

Some Impact Wrestling Updates following Rebellion

• Josh Alexander is the X-Division Champion
  • Jordynne Grace and Rachael Ellering are the Knockouts Tag-Team Champions (Create a Tag-Team for them)
  • Add Taylor Wilde to Impact Wrestling as a Babyface, Girl Next Door gimmick. 
  • Kenny Omega is the Impact Wrestling World Champion
  • Add Big Cass/Cas XL/Bill Morrisey to Impact Wrestling as a Heel, under the ring name W.Morrissey

• End working agreement between CMLL and ROH

https://www.tpww.net/2021/04/cmll-ends-working-partnership-with-roh/

Edited by JohnnyNitro

I was looking at AIW, I saw some wrestlers that should be removed because they haven't appeared in AIW since before the pandemic made them stop doing shows:

Aaron Bauer (hasn't commentated for them in a long time)

Colt Cabana (signed with AEW, last appearance Dec 2019)

Daniel C Rockingham (left wrestling last month)

Dave Dawson (Ohio) (was fired due to refusing to get mental help after several accusations)

Eddie Kingston (signed with AEW)

Erick Stevens (retired again in October)

Jake Clemons (signed with WWE)

Jeff Cobb (one time appearance)

Matt Cross (last appeared in December 2019)

Too Cold Scorpio (one time appearance)

I was thinking about maybe removing Brandon Watts, Randy Summers, The Boar, Matt Makowski and VISK as well, but since they were at AIW's last shows in Ohio before their couple shows in Indiana, I think it's fair to keep them unless they don't make any more appearances this year. Also, these workers should be added because they've appeared at shows since their couple shows in Indiana, and last night's AIW show:

Levi Everett

Steve Manders (named Manders/One Called Manders)

Ziggy Haim

Lee Moriarty

Frankie Flynn (works staff, started wrestling for AIW on their Go For Broke shows)

Brian Carson (also does commentary)

Bill Alfonso (manages Matthew Justice regularly)

Josh Prohibition (he's the trainer for their wrestling school, maybe add him as a road agent?)

Add AIW Go For Broke as a TV show, airing on IndepedentWrestling.TV (America). John Thorne and Matt Wadsworth does commentary for the show.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic