England - The Southgate Years

Lineker

Yeah, if you're going to take Sessegnon to a World Cup as an exciting, young impact sub, you're not playing him at left back. I suppose the one problem is that at Fulham, he's been playing and impressing as a left-sided inside forward, which is not something that fits into the 3-5-2.

My earlier idea for taking him wasn't even so much that he'd be expected to perform or even play a lot, but it would at least be something to get potentially get excited about. TAA is very good and everything but it's hard to get the blood pumping for a promising right back. It's not exactly a squad brimming with creativity either, so having another player in there who could make something happen just makes it a bit more exciting.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

I'm still not convinced by 3-5-2, utterly takes away all the good work Sterling's been doing at City. My front 4 would be Rashford left, Alli middle, Sterling right and Kane up top. 

4-4-2 is okay, yes?

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Cunt.

Racist!

That's self proclaimed "one of the greatest minds in football" Sol Campbell to you. 

Also on what fucking planet are Livermore, Cook and Loftus-Cheek better midfield players than Jonjo Shelvey? Shelvey has a attitude problem yet Jake Livermore who got pissed and stole a taxi is fine?

Would have brought Carroll over Welbeck too. He instantly changes the play style and offers something different. Welbeck offers the ability to trip over his own feet and lose the ball, but at pace.

9 minutes ago, Colly said:

4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 ish. But probably 4-4-2...

Just whisper "Big Man/Little Man combo up front" and I'm done.

1 hour ago, TCO said:

Would have brought Carroll over Welbeck too. He instantly changes the play style and offers something different.

If we just need a head on a stick Harry Kane can do that already.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Is Kane that good in the air? I think I was the only one in the world not whinging about him not taking corners last time round... 

He scored 6 headers this season in the league, which is the second most in the Premier League, so I'd say he's pretty decent. It's definitely something he's improved on a lot this year. 

7 hours ago, MadJack said:

Yeah including Sessegnon would've been a waste of a spot - like Walcott in 2006.

arguably Trent has that spot.

Trent's only 19 and has no caps.

Also, he should just bin off international football because it's shit.
:shifty:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

He scored 6 headers this season in the league, which is the second most in the Premier League, so I'd say he's pretty decent. It's definitely something he's improved on a lot this year. 

You mean 5 headers and 1 imaginary header. I've scored some worldy imaginary goals, get me on the plane!