Steam/PC Mega Thread 2023

Mick

Annoying! Trying to pick up Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous on steam since it's 50% off. Apparently there is a bundle with the first and second game, but since I own the first game I can get the second game for 55% off instead. I can add it to my cart no problem, but when I go to pay I get an error. I try adding the 50% off one, and it lets me go through without any issue. 

Edit: Oh, it only allowed me to pay for the 50% off the one attempt. Now I am getting an error. I'm guessing there might be an issue with Steam at the moment? Failing on my desktop and the app. 

On 24/06/2022 at 20:58, Ruki said:

Annoying! Trying to pick up Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous on steam since it's 50% off. Apparently there is a bundle with the first and second game, but since I own the first game I can get the second game for 55% off instead. I can add it to my cart no problem, but when I go to pay I get an error. I try adding the 50% off one, and it lets me go through without any issue. 

Edit: Oh, it only allowed me to pay for the 50% off the one attempt. Now I am getting an error. I'm guessing there might be an issue with Steam at the moment? Failing on my desktop and the app. 

I just checked and it's still available at 50% off, so maybe you just need to try again?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So my laptop sucks but it can play some stuff well. I'm never going to be able to play Cyberpunk or anything on this.

But GOG has an insane sale on the Tomb Raider games, so I grabbed all of them (minus the new trilogy, since I have that on Steam and PS5 already). I also picked up Post Mortem, Still Life 1+2, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, Immortal Redneck (GOG giveaway), Shadow of Mordor (Prime Gaming) and The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition (free because...?)

TR: Anniversary, Legend and Underworld have controller support, and work just fine. Kane & Lynch is supposed to, but it doesn't recognize my DualSense. Do I need to try my Xbox controller for that game, or did they lie about controller support? There isn't even an option for it in the settings of the game.

• Like 3

Kane and Lynch was super janky on release and I can't imagine having gotten much better in the years since.

I'd suggest googling for a controller fix of sorts. I'm sure you're not the first to run into these issues.

I remember it being a games for Windows live game, which attests of its age, but might also explain its further jankiness.

• Like 2

Most of the time when a controller says it has controller support it really just means "has support for x-input" which usually you have to kind of trick the game into if you don't have an Xbox or X-input supporting controller. You can look into these methods to see if they'll work for ya.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ps5-dualsense-controller-on-pc/

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, apsham said:

Most of the time when a controller says it has controller support it really just means "has support for x-input" which usually you have to kind of trick the game into if you don't have an Xbox or X-input supporting controller. You can look into these methods to see if they'll work for ya.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ps5-dualsense-controller-on-pc/

I have a Series S controller, will it work with that game through a Bluetooth connection you think?

Mentioning it here because I don't know where else to put it, but....

Star Trek Online has had its latest expansions revolve around the Terran Empire from the Mirror Universe causing trouble. Well, the newest expansion, ASCENSION, dropped yesterday, and finally revealed the Big Bad, aka the Terran Empire's Emperor: 

WESLEY FUCKING CRUSHER! And Wil Wheaton is onboard voicing the character. (STO has a lot of Trek actors from various shows involved, voicing their characters. They also got James Doohan's son to voice Scotty for a time travel mission back to the Original Series era.)

Before you laugh at this: 

Spoiler

He has the Traveller's powers, which Wesley gained right when he left TNG, AND control of "The Other", which is the Mirror version of V'Ger from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.