Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2022

Lint

Thread for any comic book tv or show that doesn't fit in the MCU TV or Movie threads.

Just got done watching the DC Injustice movie and, while I liked it, I thought it could've been better.  A one part movie thats around 120 minutes wasn't enough.  It should've been a 2 part movie

I'm on episode 4 of Peacemaker ("The Choad Less Traveled") and holy shit,

Spoiler

Vigilante's whole speech about the contributions of Black people to American culture is so good.

"Redneck music would just be... well, what it was before Black people. The wet, sloppy sounds of fucking your sister." 

Hooooooly shit. That whole scene is so good. 

EDIT: Oh shit, Murn's a butterfly :o

Peacemaker episode 5 (last week's / the newest one)

Spoiler

Holy shit Economos and Peacemaker bonded. Over Economos killing a gorilla with a fucking chainsaw. 

Also, I have to say, I really, really hope this show subverts expectations and Peacemaker and Harcourt never hook up. It certainly seems like they're teasing it but ugh. Please don't. 

On 01/02/2022 at 00:14, The Redeemer CLDY said:

Peacemaker episode 5 (last week's / the newest one)

Hide contents

Holy shit Economos and Peacemaker bonded. Over Economos killing a gorilla with a fucking chainsaw. 

Also, I have to say, I really, really hope this show subverts expectations and Peacemaker and Harcourt never hook up. It certainly seems like they're teasing it but ugh. Please don't. 

Spoiler

I'd say they bonded over Hanoi Rocks

Oh shit, new episode. I'm 10 minutes in.

Peacemaker Episode 6 spoilers

Spoiler

So Harcourt and Economos knew / figured out that Murn is a Butterfly. But Murn is supposedly a good Butterfly who dissented with the plan to conquer Earth, and not even Waller knows that he's a Butterfly. 

Also, Peacemaker at that school show and tell. :lol:

"What matters is as long as we make those other kids feel like shit, right?"

This show is highly unrealistic, I think any cop - especially in a small town / city - that found Peacemaker's fake diary full of new world order conspiracies would just be like "hey, I believe the same stuff!" <_<

EDIT: Oh fuck, now the team has got Goff-Song, a police precinct, a bunch of prisoners, and the Aryans to contend with. 

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you James Gunn for making me feel feelings for a CGI eagle..

• Haha 1

In news that I'm sure will surprise no one, Peacemaker was renewed for a 2nd season, and James Gunn will be writing and directing every episode

I'm 17 minutes into the new Peacemaker and my expectation is

Spoiler

Most of the team (all except Peacemaker?) dies, Eagly dies, I cry, John Economos dies, I also cry.

I'm hoping I'm super wrong about tho. We'll see in about 30 more minutes I guess.

OK, done with the finale and, thoughts:

Spoiler

Dug the show, dug the finale, for the most part. My only gripe is ugh, they are gonna go forward with Harcourt and Peacemaker as a couple, aren't they? It doesn't feel earned at all. It feels totally shoehorned in and just.. beyond unnecessary.

Pleasantly surprised nobody died or got turned into a secret Butterfly though. Interesting decision to keep Goff around as well.

3 hours ago, Octavius Shitwagon said:
  Hide contents

Dug the show, dug the finale, for the most part. My only gripe is ugh, they are gonna go forward with Harcourt and Peacemaker as a couple, aren't they? It doesn't feel earned at all. It feels totally shoehorned in and just.. beyond unnecessary.

Pleasantly surprised nobody died or got turned into a secret Butterfly though. Interesting decision to keep Goff around as well.

Well...

Spoiler

It was said, without the amber liquid from the cow, the butterflies would die.  Chris is shown giving Goff the last of the amber liquid he had.  I think its less Goff being "kept around" and more Chris making them comfortable in their last days.

Also, can't believe you didn't mention the Justice League cameo and the confirmation Aqua-Man is a fish fucker.

I do think Harcourt/Chris felt natural.  They opened up to each other all season and it was shown that she was warming up to him.  Plus since Jennifer Holland is James Gunns partner, I had a strong feeling she'd pop up again if/when Peacemaker S2 happened.  Though I also wouldn't put it past Gunn to have her die in a violent and graphic way 

Peacemaker finale

Spoiler

I was stunned when they showed Momoa and Miller and gave them dialogue, I thought it would just be a joke silhouette and the Justice League would just disappear again. I was even more stunned that they did the public reveal of Task Force X because that makes doing any more Suicide Squad films very difficult.

I'm glad it's getting a second season, it's been a very good show. I'm not sold on Harcourt/Peacemaker either, but that's because I'm fairly sure Chris' life partner should be Eagly.

IGN gave The Batman a 10 and called it a masterpiece. In particular, the person who reviewed it said that Paul Dano is the best live-action Batman villain since Ledger's Joker and that while Pattinson is a good Batman/Bruce Wayne, it's Paul Dano and Zoe Kravitz who stand out. 

On 01/03/2022 at 00:12, Cornelius Weinerbottom said:

IGN gave The Batman a 10 and called it a masterpiece. In particular, the person who reviewed it said that Paul Dano is the best live-action Batman villain since Ledger's Joker and that while Pattinson is a good Batman/Bruce Wayne, it's Paul Dano and Zoe Kravitz who stand out. 

Without spoiling anything, I can confirm that yes, The Batman is extremely good. Battinson is solid, Zoe is too. And Paul Dano is pretty terrifying as Riddler. In some parts, Riddler made me think of maybe the Zodiac Killer or even Jigsaw. Even the depiction of Gotham City is pretty good. Well worth your time. 

• Like 4

I haven't been watching Legends of Tomorrow for a couple seasons, but

Spoiler

They cast Donald Faison of all people as Booster Gold and that's brilliant, so I guess I'll probably have to catch up on it.