Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2022

Lint

Throw that one onto the pile of Spidey characters that are getting movies that will bomb at the box office. I'm sure any day now, Sony will come across an idea that will actually generate them money like what Spider-Man and Venom did/does. But having Bad Bunny play a character that has only appeared once in the comics, or Donald Glover be a villain no one knows about, or the lesser of the Maximoff Twins from the MCU play an iconic Spidey villain, or... well, you get the idea. None of that is going to work.

--

In unrelated news, I watched Black Adam last night since it's on HBO Max now. It's... not that bad? Nothing very special, and I liked it way more than I thought I would especially considering it's a DC movie. But the villain at the end of the movie was very meh, and didn't look good. I much preferred the plot when it was the JSA vs Black Adam. Hawkman is corny, and was also lame as fuck in the CW universe. But I think that was intentional this time around, at least it seemed that way. Aldis Hodge deserved a better role than that. Cyclone and Atom Smasher were afterthoughts, though I did like Atom Smasher's clueless dumb lines - very much Scott Lang in Ant-Man 1 vibes.

Clearly the standout of that movie was Dr. Fate. Give me more Dr. Fate. Much like what Titans did for me with Rachel Roth, I'm now pretty interested in this character and want to read comics with them in it (preferably solo).

‘Black Adam 2’ Not Moving Forward as Part of New DC’s “First Chapter”

DC is entering their "First Chapter" for the 3rd time

7 hours ago, Happy HoLintdays said:

DC is entering their "First Chapter" for the 3rd time

tbf that's as faithful to the source material as anything I've seen in comics media

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Honestly have zero issue with a clean slate so long as it is 100%. No hangers on, no multiverse continuity, no nothing. Just start entirely fresh and be done with it. If you want to go fresh, go fresh, don't try and keep the things that worked just because you're too afraid it might not work a second time.

• Like 2