EWBFF Reggie "619" Bush Legacy League 2022

Maxx

• 2 months later...

I do understand cutting back on active slots for future years but as someone who has used a lot of his active bench spots on injured guys, I think we'd need to increase the IR spots in exchange.

In a normal league, 2 IR is fine but not so much in a Dynasty, since you have to continue to roster hurt players you want for 2023 and beyond.  If we cut down the active slots moving the IR spots to 5 or so would seem right.

• 2 weeks later...

Ertz and Goedert haven't played for the last 4 weeks.  They are still ranked TE8 and TE9 in points scored.  They might fall out of the Top 10 this week.  But this is the kind of thing that illustrates why the TE position needs to be abandoned in Fantasy Football. 

Kelce would be the number 5 WR. The number 2 TE, who has missed some time this season, is Mark Andrews who would be the number 22 WR. It's ridiculous people keep sticking to this position in fantasy. Make it a WR/TE slot, the top few TEs will be better than the 30th WR who you'd otherwise slot into that position.

The position technically follows a bell curve in points distribution but there's a few outliers who make it broken, unlike WR where if you miss out on Jefferson but have numbers 8 and 14 you're just as if not more well off. No way to make up for the lack of a Kelce.

As someone who took Kyle Pitts in the 2nd round figuring I could possibly be locking down the TE spot for a decade or more, I'd normally be fighting feverishly to keep the position.  But I still think he's someone who, if the Falcons ever figure out how to actually use him, will be a very high volume target worthy of starting.  Thankfully I hedged with Kelce, and that couldn't have worked out better.  Pitts barely matters to me as long as Kelce keeps doing what he's doing.

Don't know if @Slogger would've taken Andrews in the 2nd without a TE spot either given that the point of drafting him is to give you a big positional advantage, but as mentioned he'd be the WR22 right now so at the absolute worst he'd still be a viable starter in any format.

I'd be OK with turning TE into WR/TE.

It 100% is in non Dynasty, we can have more discussion about it in Dynasty just because theoretically, the position could swing back around to being utilized more in the future.

• 2 weeks later...