EWBFF Reggie "619" Bush Legacy League 2022

Maxx

Am I right in saying the cutoff date for locking ADP is just when lists are due? And if I have two players whose ADP is in the same round, I would need to either spend a wildcard keeper, or spend a higher round's pick to secure them?

Also, I can retain a player for as long as I am willing to spend an ADP keeper on them, but I can only retain them via Wildcard *once*, right?

2 hours ago, Plubby said:

Am I right in saying the cutoff date for locking ADP is just when lists are due? And if I have two players whose ADP is in the same round, I would need to either spend a wildcard keeper, or spend a higher round's pick to secure them?

Also, I can retain a player for as long as I am willing to spend an ADP keeper on them, but I can only retain them via Wildcard *once*, right?

All of this is accurate.  Everyone be like Plubby.

So, let me get this straight. 

My top 2 picks were Christian McAffrey and Jalen Waddle. If I wanted to keep them both, I don't have to sacrifice a first and second round pick, I can sacrifice a 13th and 14th round pick? Which means in the draft I can pick in round 1 and 2? (Assuming their ADP is first and second round)

Everyone keeps spelling it out and making me think I should just make it one wild card spot.

But yes LL, that is correct.  And then next year, and every year going forward, you cannot use the wild card spot on McCaffrey or Waddle.

There's an element of trying to forecast your talent.  Let's say hypothetically that Waddle comes in at a 3rd round ADP and DK Metcalf at a 4th round.  If you think Waddle might explode this year, making him a 2024 1st round/early 2nd borderline, you might choose to save your Waddle exemption and just use it on DK since Waddle's might carry more value next year.  Things like that add a cool element of strategy.

For me, I have three separate players who are going to be on the 1st round ADP borderline, mid-2nd probably at worst.  My main decision to make will be which of my top 3 players is the most likely to decline and, therefore, see an ADP hit in 2024.

Without exemptions I would've been prepared/expecting to part with my first 3 round picks.  Yeah the 3rd round pick would be below ADP value, but it's a dynasty league, building a roster of top talent is the goal and having to cut a top player kinda works against the purpose of it.  There's a chance even with exemptions, some of us will run into this issue by 2024 if your top guys still produce like top guys.  But this year everyone should be fine as is.

Just now, I Think You Should Busch said:

For me, I have three separate players who are going to be on the 1st round ADP borderline, mid-2nd probably at worst.

Must be nice <_<

Also its not a true dynasty league, and its not a true keeper league.  I'm just merging some elements of both of them.  We don't have the full scale roster retention of a dynasty league, but we also don't have the kind of silly "To keep someone you drafted in the 3rd round it costs a 2nd round pick" rule that most keepers have.  I want to allow for long term consistency for teams, but not to the point that it becomes set it and forget it for 5 years at a time.  This system should occasionally create situations where top teams can't afford to keep all of their best players.  That will hopefully see talented players put back into the draft, and then teams that finish in last will have to strategize on how best to get them, while also keeping the best parts of their team intact.

Or it could all work out terribly and the worst teams stay the worst teams because they for some reason thought drafting Tua and Derek Carr were long term solutions at QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Must be nice <_<

Hey, blame Josh Jacobs for being a big 'ol 9th round steal!  :P

I think my toughest decision is gonna be what I do with Kyle Pitts.  I fully support the mercy killing of the TE spot and moving it to WR/TE.  Travis Kelce produces at the level of a WR1 and is worth a 2nd round pick at worst in ADP regardless of whether TE exists or not.

Pitts however might see an inflated ADP because most leagues will stubbornly carry on with a TE and, therefore, owners will stubbornly draft him early hoping this is the year he finally becomes the next TE cheat code.  And given where I picked him last year, the fact that he's so young and could in theory still be the WR1 for years if the Falcons coaching staff there can finally get a clue, I might have to be one of those stubborn guys.