EWBFF Reggie "619" Bush Legacy League 2022

Maxx

Congrats to Slogger, the first ever Reggie "619" Bush Legacy League aka LL is Raw as Hell League   Champion.  How many years will his dynasty last? 

In unrelated news, congrats to damshow for securing the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Congrats to Slogger, the first ever Reggie "619" Bush Legacy League aka LL is Raw as Hell League   Champion.  How many years will his dynasty last? 

In unrelated news, congrats to damshow for securing the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

It's not tanking when everyone on your team gets hurt.

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

Holding Up The Belt - Champion GIF - Champion Belt Wrestling - Discover &  Share GIFs

Not the way I was hoping it'd finish with everything that happened but I guess i'll take the win.

Thanks for the season everyone, Looking forward to going back to my usual mediocrity next season.

• 2 months later...

Hi, hello, how's it going.   Couple of housekeeping items here:

Very unlikely that we will do a separate rookie draft, I've been considering different ways to do that, but can't really settle on what to do.  Seems to be tipping the balance too much to give the same person the #1 overall pick in the rookie draft and then #1 overall pick in the regular draft.  But I also think its too high a price to say if you pick in the rookie draft you lose that pick in the regular draft.  But maybe I'm wrong!  Discuss it.  Seems like given our roster sizes its probably best to just toss the rookies into the regular draft pool.

Speaking of roster sizes; trimming them by at least 3 spots next year, cause this rosters are just stupid large. 

Finally, you may begin the trading of draft picks.  Please do not go crazy.  I am just one man.  Don't forget there will be keeper picks in this league, and that will play into trades.  Let's do some examples with my dumb team.

Last year I drafted Alvin Kamara in the 3rd round.  If I wanted to designate him as a keeper next year (lol), he will cost me a draft pick, based on his as yet to be determined Average Draft Position (ADP).  Let's say it his ADP ended up being a 4th round pick.   If I want to keep Kamara, it would cost me my 4th round pick next season to do it.  Easy enough right?  But what if I engage in trade shenanigans?

Let's say this month I trade my 4th round pick to Srar for Justin Herbert (actual offer, plz say yes)  then when it comes time to designate a keeper, if I want to keep Alvin Kamara, uh oh, I no longer have a 4th round pick to do it!  My options are either don't keep Alvin Kamara (duh) or spend a higher pick to keep him, in this case, a 3rd round pick.

So that's just something to be aware of, feel free to DM me to complain about that or ask questions.  Please keep your draft pick trade packages equal.  1 pick for 1 player.  1 pick and 1 player for 1 pick and 1 player.  This is already a lot to keep track of, I don't need to deal with uneven draft rounds because someone decided to go Mike Ditka on me.

What happens if you end up with multiple players you want to keep who have the same ADP and you haven't traded any picks away?  Like you have 2 guys with a 3rd round ADP grade and you've traded no picks.  Obviously you're spending your 3rd round pick, but to keep the other guy would you need to spend a 2nd or 4th?  I understand having to sacrifice a round higher if you've traded the pick away already, but not sure you should get punished for building value on your pre-existing roster.

Also without looking at anyone else's rosters too deeply, I have 3 guys who could legit grade out at a 1st round ADP and it's tough for me to imagine moving any of them.  I just assumed if I wanted to keep them all I wouldn't be picking til (at the earliest) the 4th round in this case.

The whole goal of dynasty is to eventually build a roster you're happy enough with that the draft is mostly an afterthought.  Just curious on some of the specifics.

You have reminded me of something very important.  There's going to be keeper slots.  These will cost the last round picks (If we do 3 slots, then the price is 15th, 16th, 17th round picks, in order to keep rosters consistent) They can be placed on anyone.   THEN once you have used those, additional keeper slots start using the ADP thing I laid out above.

Bear with me, this is a very much an experimental, work in progress situation.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello inmates.

I have completed the big ol' roster spreadsheets which will be used to help you all figure out your keepers and what your roster will look like going into the draft.  The draft will be able to start later than a normal league, given that we're going to have shaved off several rounds worth of picks via the keeper system.

It's probably time to give some thought to who you might want to keep.   Everyone is gonna get 7 keeper spots.   Two of those are what I call "Wildcard Spots"  They will be reserved as the final two picks in the draft, but can be assigned to any player on your team, regardless of ADP.  So you don't have to use a 1st rounder on Justin Jefferson, you can use your 13th or 14th rounder.  However, once you use this on a player, you can't use it again.   Rookies will remain viable where you pick them for two more years.  Kenneth Walker's ADP might be in the 1st round, but Slogger doesn't have to spend more than a 5th rounder on him for this coming season, or the next.  Why?  Because he believed in him!

Everyone you don't put in a keeper slot goes back into the draft pool.  Then we draft as normal.   This strikes a balance between being a pure keeper league and dynasty league and that's what I was looking to accomplish.  Anyways, there's your update, I'll be in touch with everyone at the end of the month to get their keepers straightened out. 

If you're thinking of dropping out, no. 😠

48 minutes ago, LL! said:

I wish I could see my roster from last year, but I can't!

It was just Daniel Jones 16 times, oddly enough.

• Haha 1

I have slid into your DMs with the list.  Around the end of the month I'll add a column for everyone's ADP, and then you can all start assigning your keepers.

Sorry, just to be on the same page. So we get the 7 Keeper spots, of that 7, 2 are wildcard? Or is it 7 keepers and 2 wildcards.

Either way - it's fun to look back on this and go "yes. Dak and Kirk Cousins, solid quarterbacking there Ben"

Seven total, two of which are the wildcards.  That number may drop to 6 if I cut a roster spot.

57 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Real nice of you to taunt us with all our terrible draft picks like this.

My page is on there too!   And you can go look at the first page to see how much worse some of my picks are in the context of the players available at the time.   WHY DID I TAKE ALVIN KAMARA OVER PATRICK MAHOMES?  I get to regret that one for years to come!