29 minutes ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

A lot of booths around the league spoke out about it yesterday.  Loved Gary Cohen here but if you click on it there's a whole thread of different booth reactions.

"Draped yourself in humiliation" is just a great phrase.

Love this thread! Like Damshow said this owner is a clown. All Brown said was the team used to be bad and now they aren't. So dumb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Would you all believe it if I told you this isn't even the most embarrassing thing Angelos has done this year?

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/john-angelos-orioles-martin-luther-king-reporter-video-01gpy3qkxv24

Holy hell I mean almost everyone dislikes their team's owners but this guy is taking it to a different level

Having watched some of the umpire cam ESPN uses, anyone who doesn't play baseball thinking they'd get even a single hit is being optimistic.

If you were facing the same pitcher, throwing the same pitch at the same speed in the exact same location over and over again then maybe you could finally time it and get a knock.  Facing different pitchers over the course of a season throwing their full arsenals at you?  No chance.

On the 0.2% chance I get a hit it would surely be some weak contact on the infield where I beat out the throw to first or the pitcher or catcher mess up fielding and I get a generous scoring decision.

I do think the average person could work out a dozen or so walks since sometimes pitchers just flat out can't locate.  But of course this means never taking the bat off your shoulder all season.

• Like 1

If I'm looking for the exact same off speed pitch in the hopes it hangs out in the zone then maybe I'm managing an infield hit. More than likely I'm hitting it foul though, that would be the extent of my contact. Definitely going to get a few HBP as I'm not going to react well enough to dodge a 100 mph fastball. Walks are a certainty over 650 PAs, even if they know I suck there's bound to be a few pitchers who miss the zone 4 out of 6 times.

• Like 1

I end up with zero hits, for sure.

My pitching and fielding kept me getting regular time when I played in my younger days... but for reference, I had a season where I played probably 75-100 games including our local league games, playoffs and the post-playoffs rep tournaments... I had a grand total of four hits all season long.

My local league coach was all about development, so he never gave up and made sure I had my opportunities, but if they didn't need me to keep pitching in the game and it was an important at-bat, I would always talk to him about getting someone else in there to hit for me. I worked a lot of walks because I knew I sucked in the box, and tried my best to avoid chasing pitches, but even I didn't want myself taking a swing with a game in the balance.

My rep team coach once told me that if I couldn't figure out hitting, I'd have no future in the sport because pitchers gotta be able to hit. I ended up quitting a couple of years later, and here we are in 2023 with a Universal DH. Fuck that guy.

I guess it’s moot with the tank in full swing but I just gotta reiterate again that Daniel Vogelbach might really be the worst player I’ve ever seen.  Not only does he not possess ANY of the 5 traditional tools, he’s actively terrible at all of them.  He literally can’t field a position so eliminate fielding and throwing right off the bat.  He’s the slowest player in the league on the basepaths.  He doesn’t hit for contact (.215 AVG) or power (.349 SLG).

All he does is stare at pitches right over the middle of the plate.  And he does all this while not even remotely resembling a professional athlete.  It feels like a prank that he’s not only still on the roster but being placed into the 5-hole in the lineup most days.

When the Mets got him there was talk about how it was a reunion with him and Lindor as they played travel team baseball when they were kids, and Lindor said he always made everyone laugh.

Somehow this guy still has a job because he presumably amused Lindor with armpit farts on the travel team bus.

• Haha 3

Wander Franco is out of the lineup today for a “breather” as accusations surface from his ex that he’s been in a groomed relationship with a 14-year old girl.

FWIW it’s only been passed around on Twitter for now and not a single news outlet has picked it up.  But uh, yeah, if true get his ass out of the league and into a jail cell.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, I Think You Should Busch said:

Wander Franco is out of the lineup today for a “breather” as accusations surface from his ex that he’s been in a groomed relationship with a 14-year old girl.

FWIW it’s only been passed around on Twitter for now and not a single news outlet has picked it up.  But uh, yeah, if true get his ass out of the league and into a jail cell.

I was just coming in here to post about this. there's some posts floating around on Twitter with pictures of them together, so it's not looking good. 

• Sad 1