What is with baseball players and wanting to not just get the Phillies some billboard material, but even give the fans some material to chew on and get raucous?

Diamondbacks Merrill Kelly basically laid down the challenge to Philly to be louder than when he was at the WBC. Philly fans thrive on this and will atleast challenge it if not beat the noise level he is expecting. 

11 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

This Phillies club is everything I wish the Mets were.  Annoys me so much this team couldn’t be anywhere other than the NL East.

I was just coming in here to say that I've all but accepted that the Phriggin' Phillies are going to win it all this year. My co-workers and neighbors are going to be more unbearable than usual. :(

Not gonna lie, made me kinda happy to see him fail in a big spot again.  Got really sick of Mets fans defending Scherzer earlier this year when he was getting rocked every 5th day.  "He had the lowest ERA of his career last year", he also missed 10 starts and was absolutely horrible in the 2 that mattered most.  He shows up in Atlanta the final weekend of the year, the Mets win a division and get a bye (not that it would've definitely mattered, but still, would've been nice to not blow a 10.5 game divisional lead in what was the best regular season Mets club of my lifetime).  And then of course the complete no-show he had against San Diego.

I mean at his age, decline is totally normal.  But what I really couldn't stand was that he had a new excuse every 5th day for why he was pitching poorly.  A blister here, a slight shoulder tweak there, all while he insisted he was ready to pitch effectively.  The act got old.

Ticket prices for the game tonight are so cheap, people in Philly are buying tickets just to keep Dbacks fans out

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/10/phillies-fans-buying-nlcs-game-3-tickets-just-to-keep-diamondback-fans-out-of-chase-field.html

5 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

The D-Backs have already announced that Game 4 will be a bullpen game rather than pitch Zac Gallen on short rest.  The same Game 4 that will very possibly be an elimination game.

So yeah, they're basically just throwing in the towel.

Well they managed to hold the Phils to 1 run today so they're well alive again. The bullpen game tomorrow won't look quite as bad. 

• Like 1

Q4OeDiV.png

Thats one hell of a back injury

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I love listening to the Spanish announcers 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You gotta love Game 7s in sports - the decisive final match, the rubber game, whatever you want to call it. Hoping for a good game tonight - Astros and Rangers have been so close, same record in the regular season and a back and forth series too where each team has won a 1-run game and won a blow out game; they've both won at home and on the road as well. Now it comes down to 1 game, Mad Max vs El Reptil, for a shot at the the title!