General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

To my Yakuza-playing friends: In Yakzua 5 I know there's a lot of hunting with Saejima, if I stick to the main story how likely am I to avoid it?

I hate hunting/fighting animals in games so the less I have to do it to just get through Saejima's part, the better.

If I remember correctly, most of the hunting is optional, with the road opening up to the city pretty quick. 3-4 missions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just realised that in my pursuit of maxing all Social Links in P3P, I have 22 more ranks to do and only 19 possible days to do them on. 😭😭😭

The inability to do SLs with your dorm-mates on non-school days is bloody stupid, damn it...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Just realised that in my pursuit of maxing all Social Links in P3P, I have 22 more ranks to do and only 19 possible days to do them on. 😭😭😭

The inability to do SLs with your dorm-mates on non-school days is bloody stupid, damn it...

Right?!

2 hours ago, Benji said:

h93mjyyxoula1.jpg

Is there any word of the first coming to Playstation yet? I really want to play but the first was Xbox and the new is on PS. So stupid.

I've not heard anything. But you don't miss anything by playing 2 first. No story connections that I've noticed 18 hours in.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Are they entirely unconnected then like FF? Not even same world?

It might be the same world, but different continents? Same gods/religion. 

But yeah, totally unconnected story wise.

• Like 1

It looks fun, but at the same time the one thing they have to get absolutely right for that game is the feel of it in terms of button timing etc, everything else is secondary. Hope they manage it, but my N64 is about 5 feet behind me...

• Like 1

i'm playing an assassins creed game properly for the first time. And I just collected all 200 animus fragments and... nothing happened. I get a little letter, no different from the hundreds of other letters I've had to collect. Are you serious. fuckin bullshit man. The main thing that's pissing me off about this game is how much stuff their is to collect, but at least the first couple things gave me some pointless tat to trigger some dopamine release or something. But 200 shiny blue pieces of shit get me nothing. fuck man. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No I'm playing Rogue, so I just have to collect...

Treasure chests
Sea shanties
Animus Fragments
Templar Maps (And then whatever the hell the map leads to)
Native Pillars
Viking Swords
Ipads in the overworld

It suckkkks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The RE4 demo has me very excited for RE4, and so I downloaded RE2 to tide me over until next week, and man, this is quite possibly one of the best games of all time. It's just all over brilliant, start to finish.

I think I'm going to try and platinum it before next Friday, which means playing it through 4-6 times. With most games that would sound like a total slog, but with RE2, that's an absolute joy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dang117 said:

Collectables that add to a story or lore im all for I'd be happy if there was like 20-30 collectables max when you go past 50 you are pushing it but games that do anything over 100 should be banned

I don't even mind 100 when they actually add to the game. Bioshock has over 100 and they add a bunch of lore and character to the game (and the people) around you. Bioshock is also nice because if I recall rightly it has something like 117 audiologs but only 100 needed for any trophies and you can go back to almost all locations at any point, so you can miss a few without a worry, which is the way collectibles should be.

But yeah, as a massive AC fan who has platinumed most of them, collectibles in that can do one, they add nothing and are frustrating, even more so when they got rid of the fun of free running roof tops and working out climbing puzzles to get to them.

• Like 2