General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

Basically found a cheat code in the new Fire Emblem game. I can make one of my units have an almost 100% avoidance rate and a 50% critical rate. 

The game is surprisingly difficult...I do wish I didn't turn on permadeath though. Because it wastes my time backtracking turns.. if they just left the battle? I wouldn't feel so bad. I wonder why I'm fine with permadeath in like XCOM, but not this. 

8 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

The game is surprisingly difficult...I do wish I didn't turn on permadeath though. Because it wastes my time backtracking turns.. if they just left the battle? I wouldn't feel so bad. I wonder why I'm fine with permadeath in like XCOM, but not this. 

Probably because you can always recruit more units in XCOM, whereas Fire Emblem has a limited pool of soldiers with personalities. Granted, in this game, those personalities boil down to two or three variations of shallow anime archetypes who all talk like children.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Probably because you can always recruit more units in XCOM, whereas Fire Emblem has a limited pool of soldiers with personalities. Granted, in this game, those personalities boil down to two or three variations of shallow anime archetypes who all talk like children.

A game with a Fire Emblem type of setting and X-Com gameplay would be amazing

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

Basically found a cheat code in the new Fire Emblem game. I can make one of my units have an almost 100% avoidance rate and a 50% critical rate. 

Characters are cuter in FE. 

• Haha 2

I'm only about 10 hours in on Hogwarts Legacy and it's been just about everything I could have asked for in a first attempt for a game in the HP universe. 

The spell system is fluid and lends itself to fun combat as well as interesting puzzle options going forward. 

It has some pacing issues and other flaws but for the first installment I couldn't be happier with how it has started out. 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2023 at 13:57, Benji said:

7z6e9Fw.jpg

This makes me want to play ME as Zapp Branigan.

• Haha 1

I finished Guardians Of The Galaxy yesterday. That was a fun game. They really nailed the banter between the Guardians. The soundtrack was great too (it was just weird that they didn't have a shuffle function for the music player in the segments in which you hang out in the Milano) as was the gameplay. Unfortunately the game didn't run smoothly on m classic PS4 when there was a lot of action going on. It was still playable though. I figure this probably isn't an issue with a PS4 Pro or a PS5. I wish that they would more games like this and not whatever that weird Avengers game was supposed to be.

• Like 2

Been playing Horizon Forbidden West finally, figuring I'll wrap it up right around the time the DLC drops. It hasn't been a struggle to go through, and the game itself is so polished and laid-out well. But there's just *so much* of it. Unnecessarily so. I get that there's a very straight thread line to follow which basically is main story, side quests, and cauldrons - with nearly everything else seeming to be more glorified collectathons as opposed to what I need to do to be strong enough. But it's been a bit overwhelming having all these extra quests/things to do thrown in my face and cluttering up my map. One of the major problems I have with a ton of games is bigger does not mean more, but everyone seems committed to exactly that.

I will say the harder difficulty settings on this one are superior to Zero Dawn. With that the enemy machines just had more health and inflicted more damage but still sucked. It might just be overall design, but the AI has made the machines dramatically harder in this one - harder to cheese, etc. Has made for boatloads of fun trying to procure crafting materials, work my way through cauldrons and the world map, etc.

• Like 2

I feel like I am nailing the social links in Persona 3 portable. I'm on December 20th, and I just got the achievement for maxing out 10 ranks. It's hitting the point where there are days I have nothing to do because nobody is available (Akihiko's limited schedule is annoying) and have no stats to boost, because I'm maxed out. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kazuma KiRuki said:

I feel like I am nailing the social links in Persona 3 portable. I'm on December 20th, and I just got the achievement for maxing out 10 ranks. It's hitting the point where there are days I have nothing to do because nobody is available (Akihiko's limited schedule is annoying) and have no stats to boost, because I'm maxed out. 

That does sound good. I've not played as FemC yet, but if it's even remotely comparable to MC then that's got to be tough. Even on NG+ it requires thought and diligence to max all the SLs (I'm not there yet but it's gonna be close...).

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

That does sound good. I've not played as FemC yet, but if it's even remotely comparable to MC then that's got to be tough. Even on NG+ it requires thought and diligence to max all the SLs (I'm not there yet but it's gonna be close...).

Apparently I fucked up and missed Fortune. I also have an item that will insta-kill Reaper.

To my Yakuza-playing friends: In Yakzua 5 I know there's a lot of hunting with Saejima, if I stick to the main story how likely am I to avoid it?

I hate hunting/fighting animals in games so the less I have to do it to just get through Saejima's part, the better.