Summer Transfer Window 2023

Lineker

6 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I'd like to see him stay. I've always liked one-club players.

I like one club players but it’s better if either they’re decent players but not world class so they suit the team, big fish, small pond, would struggle at the top level of teams, or the club are genuinely ambitious and are either winning or regular competition for trophies.

Spurs and Kane don’t fit either of those.

33 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I don't think it's odd that he's apprehensive of leaving England for a different country & league, but it's odd that he's somehow on the fence of playing for fucking Bayern. Guaranteed trophies, guaranteed Champions League, all the stuff players typically want.

For me there's still the element that he could sit on the bench all season for Bayern and they'd still win the Bundesliga, you win the title by default. Champions League is another matter of course.

I don't get it with Kane if he stays now. It's been reported all summer that he wants out, he won't sign a new deal, he wants to go to Bayern and personal terms are agreed. Now they finally agree a fee, and he's unsure?

He will play every week for Bayern, he will win most games and score lots of goals. He should go, Spurs want to control him not joining a PL rival which is fair enough, so this is the best move for him.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Tremendous signing that.

That's another one for Wolves to rue. Scott was a top target of Lupetegui but evidently they couldn't afford him. Good signing for Bournemouth on the face of it.

If Harry Kane chose to stay, it’s honestly a baffling decision. He should be playing for the top trophies and he isn’t going to do that at Spurs.

Although if he did leave and Bayern ended up not winning the Bundesliga it would be the funniest thing.

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

I don't get it with Kane if he stays now. It's been reported all summer that he wants out, he won't sign a new deal, he wants to go to Bayern and personal terms are agreed. Now they finally agree a fee, and he's unsure?

In fairness it's been reported every summer for about 7 years that "Kane wants out". I'm surprised that we've got to the point where the bid after all this time has been accepted and now... it seems he doesn't want to move after all that talk from the media after all. I don't get why he'd be considering staying but not signing a contract but it's probably the funniest outcome of the Kane Summer Saga '23.

5 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

In fairness it's been reported every summer for about 7 years that "Kane wants out". I'm surprised that we've got to the point where the bid after all this time has been accepted and now... it seems he doesn't want to move after all that talk from the media after all. I don't get why he'd be considering staying but not signing a contract but it's probably the funniest outcome of the Kane Summer Saga '23.

Aye true, but this summer especially it's seemingly been stated in every media report from every source when discussing Bayern's interest, that Kane wanted the move and had already agreed personal terms.

I get that Kane is liking what he's seeing from Ange Postecoglou so far, but surely an encouraging pre-season under a new coach isn't enough to sway him when he's clearly been angling for the move for the past 3 summers.

The other thing is that now Bayern have found the right price that might encourage other suitors. Man Utd are probably out with Huylens coming in, but there's a few clubs might want a striker.

If I had to guess what Kane will do, is spend the last year at Spurs before signing for Real Madrid along with Mbappe next summer. Leaves him short of the record, but he surely wouldn't go to Chelsea. Maybe Liverpool/Man Utd might try next year. Even Newcastle could tempt him if they make CL again.