Overlap FC - EA Sports FC 24 Pro Clubs

King Ellis

FC Overlap - Day 1 - Season 23/24

OCR-L-OCSOCCEROPEN-0312.JA_.03.jpg?w=640
Saturday August 5th 2023
19:30

The pulsating sound of Kasabian’s ‘Club Foot’ begins to play as highlights of last season’s EASFL action plays out. A flurry of tackles, shots, saves and goals fill the screen before building to the crescendo of a team celebrating lifting the league trophy.We fade into a shot of hundreds of fans waiting outside a stadium before panning over to a smart looking presenter awaiting his cue.

“Greetings everyone and welcome to this special presentation of EA TV! It’s a truly momentous day as we bring you not only the inaugural day of the EASFL season but the opening of this beautiful new stadium that you can see behind me.

This will be the first ever match played out at The Myke Dumny Arena and, for those of you who have been following along with this story over the last few years, you’ll know what a long and arduous process it’s been following the demise of the famous N7 Dragons and EWB Vikings teams but from their ashes rises Overlap F.C. Efforts had been made to merge these two teams into one super club but they appeared to have been thwarted by the efforts of the pressure group Really Annoyed Fans Against The Impending Merger Effort and their mysterious benefactor, but Overlap FC were able to sway the EASFL panel and earn their place in Division 10 ahead of the new season.

Now, ahead of the big game we have a small dedication ceremony to the new stadium as we’re joined by co-chairmen Gary Priest and Dave Taylor, along with club ambassador Jimmy Dean. Fans will of course remember Jimmy’s famous exploits for the N7 Dragons and his goals that helped them towards all number of trophies and earned him his spot as the 2nd highest goalscorer in Dragons history.”

The three senior figures in the Overlap F.C hierarchy stand proudly in front of the stadium, adorned with some ceremonial red tape across one of the turnstiles. An assembly of fans watch on from behind a sea of cameras and journalists, itching to finally see their new team take the pitch. The EA TV presenter approaches Jimmy.

“How does it feel to be here at last, Jimmy?”

“Oh, it’s unbelievable! I barely slept last night I was so excited just thinking about everyone coming down here to experience the place for the first time. I’ve had a few tours myself during the construction but it’s never the same as when all those fans are in there singing and cheering the boys on.”

“And how do you think the team will get on? A few of your old team mates still in the side…”

“Yeah, of course it’s going to take a little bit of time for them all to gel and get used to everything but the sky is the limit for them. It wouldn’t surprise me to see them win that playoff trophy.”

“Yes, we should take this opportunity to remind the viewers at home of the changes made to the EASFL system this year. At the end of each season, teams from across the EASFL pyramid will face off against each other in the playoffs to crown the overall champion of their respective division. These are must win games, no draws on offer here, each game will go to extra time and penalties if needed. Are you a fan of these changes?”

“Definitely, it’s another level of excitement for the fans and another trophy for the teams to win”

“Any chance of seeing you on the field this year?”

Jimmy chuckles. 

“Nah, my playing days are behind me but I’ll be here every week cheering them on and I’m looking forward to seeing them get started today.”

“Absolutely, well we can’t get underway until we complete the ceremony so, if you wouldn’t mind doing the honours, sir…”

The presenter tries to hand Jimmy a pair of scissors but the former Dragons front man waves him off.

“Oh, no, I’m not allowed to use them without parental supervision.” Jimmy says as he turns to Co-Chairman Taylor. “Why don’t you do it, Dave?”

Taylor furrows his brown and looks sternly at Jimmy, snapping back with a firm “NO YOU!”.

“Oh give em here you melons.” Co-Chairman Priest snaps as he snatches the scissors out of the presenters hands. “I name this stadium for Myke, god bless him and all those that play in it.” Priest then snips the ribbon and lets out a roar of ‘OVERLAP!’ as the fans cheer and start to make their way inside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What an opening night. Kaney scored the first (human) goal in Overlap history, everyone got at least 1 goal and I got a hat trick.

The actual results of the games are none of your business.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, King Ellis said:

What an opening night. Kaney scored the first (human) goal in Overlap history, everyone got at least 1 goal and I got a hat trick.

The actual results of the games are none of your business.

I blame the bots and I'll die on that hill. 1 or 2 more actual players and we'd have been fine. We were playing some decent stuff by the end between us.