Overlap FC - EA Sports FC 24 Pro Clubs

King Ellis

6 hours ago, King Ellis said:

I forgot to mention that actually, we'll probably need Discord (or whatever software works best) to manage the audio chat in game if we've got people on different systems. The text portion will probably help too for people asking to play, posts in here might go unoticed if people aren't logged on.

There's always the old EWB server we can make a room in?

WELL WELL WELL

• Haha 3

maybe I will get this game on PC. I've never tried Fifa where you only play as one player before. In the real world I play on the wing so I've got a vague idea of how that works and where to stand etc but I guess I could probably pick it up and play anywhere I'm needed.

3 hours ago, King Ellis said:

On second thoughts, let's not give TEOL the satisfaction. Who still has Skype?!

I'll make an IRC server.

PS assuming I end up getting it promptly, im on current gen and happy to play wherever. :P

Edited by Kyle

• 4 weeks later...

I went ahead and made a Discord server. Lord knows I'm no expert on such things so if something needs turning or whatever, give me a shout. Again, just with the generic EWB FC name until we come up with something more interesting. If anyone has any thoughts on kits we might want to use as well or colour schemes if we use the in game kit creator. Orange is the most obvious thought given it's use throughout EWB history. I think FUTBin used to have all the kit items and you could narrow by colour as a useful way to look at all the different kits, but they're dead now. Not sure if any of the other FUT sites have that and/or if the data is live yet?

I assume it will work similar to previous years where, if you choose a real club, you take their logo, kit etc so you can't just pick and choose. If we go that route, some possible options in the spoilers:

Spoiler

F5mBxtjWMAAbnH7?format=jpg&name=large

Inter Milan 3rd kit. They have their standard blue/black stripes for t heir home kit and a white away kit with a blue/black diagonal sash as well.

lorient%2023%2024%20kits%20(2).jpg

FC Lorient, nice mix of options amongst the away/3rd kits.

umbro_ipswichtown2324awayjersey_16880306

Ed Sheeran and filthy Tractor Boys aside, I think that's pretty snazzy. They have their usual blue kit for home, can't see they have a 3rd so no extra variety there.

Early access through EA Play will be coming up on Friday 22nd September, we could potentially play next weekend if people have that? I know it comes with Gamepass (which I need to sort anyway to play Lies of P so I'll be around), not sure if it comes with the Playstation Plus thingy too?

Mine should be KingEllis

I'm not 100% how it all works but I think it would be the owner or someone with manager responsibilities that would need to add people and invite them. 

Also, whilst I'm here, any late calls for team names? Will probably just go with EWB FC on Friday if there's no other ideas.