23/24 NHL Thread

caucasianheat

I like the Leafs forward depth more with the additions of Domi and Bertuzzi. Adding Reaves doesn't really do anything for me. On defence, I like adding Klingberg on a one-year deal but I think the group is a bunch of 2nd and 3rd pairing guys after Morgan Reilly.

In goal is a complete crap shoot. If Samsonov regresses at all, the Leafs don't have anyone else on the roster who I think could step up. Matt Murray was hit-or-miss last season, and he's going to miss a lot of time to start the season. Woll is unproven, and Martin Jones has been below average to awful over the last 4 seasons.

• Like 2

Really liking our adds of Domi and Bertuzzi. I hope Timmins gets a shot, and that Gio moves to our 7th D to rest his ol' legs.

But most importantly? I managed to get Bedard in one of my keeper leagues. As soon as I drafted him, someone offered me their first five picks next year + Barkov. I was already a fool and traded away Drai to this guy before he broke out. NEVER AGAIN. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Yes. My team is looking good. :pervert:

Hide contents

GettyImages1368681260-b8e05c60-f50a-474d-83e3-460d6e96ea25.jpg

The Penguins are a very interesting team that could go either way. I'm hoping they are good - I am a big fan of Karlsson and want to see what he can do on a good team again. 

• Thanks 1

I'm excited to see what the Flames can do under Ryan Huska, a coach who better understands the new and more acceptable ways to manage his players.

There's a lot more jump from the guys who under-performed for Sutter. It's still pre-season, but they look way more energized and engaged. It was also lovely to see the team extend Mikael Backlund and name him the captain. He should be a Flames lifer, and he's a fantastic choice to set the tone for the year.

• 2 weeks later...

It's very cowardly. Basically the whole league has to run cover for the handful of players who didn't want to wear Pride jerseys but also didn't want the smoke from being publicly id'ed as a homophobe. Now all community outreach suffers. Backwards league that can't get out of its own way.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/67253892 

Former Penguins player Adam Johnson has sadly died in a freak accident during a game between the Nottingham Panthers and the Sheffield Steelers last night. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...