The January Transfer Window - 2024

Lineker

Watching a bit of the Henderson press conference, he's doing quite well to avoid saying he regrets the move but also heavily implying he regrets the move.

• Like 2

Kinda hoping he picks up a Steve McClaren-esque Dutch accent now though.

19 hours ago, Lineker said:

Open to the move or told to move so we don't breach FFP and so we can sign a centre mid? 

25 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Waiting patiently for the masses to cry foul over this Newcastle sale like they did for Chelsea's last summer.

The masses already cried over Saint Maximin going for absolute peanuts.

Still baffled by FFP and how we seem to be the only club who even pay it lip service, but then I'm still half convinced it's a tactic to keep fees low.

49 minutes ago, Colly said:

Still baffled by FFP and how we seem to be the only club who even pay it lip service, but then I'm still half convinced it's a tactic to keep fees low.

Liverpools owners are fairly pro FFP. I assume they do take it quite seriously. Im sure they also do their best to work around and within the rules too.

I dunno really tbh

7 hours ago, Colly said:

Is almost €30m for a player that was very clearly not first choice with the manager, and overall seemed like he was maybe surplus to requirements, peanuts? Idk, seems that's one heck of a deal for a guy who while electric and exciting at times, was coming off his worst season at Newcastle and was behind Gordon, Barnes, and Almiron (and maybe more) in the pecking order.

• Confused 1