The January Transfer Window - 2024

Lineker

Chelsea striker-who-we-all-forgot-existed, DD Fofana, has returned from his loan at Union Berlin and will be heading off on loan to Burnley instead. This is all to facilitate Ian Maatsen's loan to Borussia Dortmund, what with those foreign loan limits that now exist.

I presume that Burnley will go "lol that's nice" and barely ever play him, just like most of Chelsea's loans to bottom-half PL teams.

17 hours ago, Szumi said:

Good for Dier to go to a club where he will win trophies finally. Ange did that guy dirty.

He didn't. 

I feel pretty emotional between the double-whammy of Hugo and Dier leaving. Dier got a lot of unfair stick online, but he was a wonderful servant, a great professional and part of the team that made me fall back in love with football. 

It doesn't change that he's not suited to Ange Ball whatsoever and can't play in a high line. 

Boring trophy talk aside, hope he has a great run at Bayern, he's a good player and was proper Spurs through and through. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 4

I have just learned Eric Dier's wife is named Anna Modler, and she's a model.

That's some nice nominative determinism right there.

• Like 1

Really wasn't worth all the reputational damage in the end but here we are.

I don't think Al Etiffaq have PIF money but I'd not be surprised to see more players give up on Saudi Arabia sooner rather than later.

Henderson has solved homophobia and sexism in Saudi in record time

Now his next mission: drug tourism in the dam

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Hobo said:

I don't think Al Etiffaq have PIF money but I'd not be surprised to see more players give up on Saudi Arabia sooner rather than later.

They don't but like most clubs they're 'owned' by the Saudi Ministry of Sports and probably got more focus than others due to its location in the east of the country. It hasn't helped attendence much but they've built one of the better known cadres of foreign talent in the league - Moussa Dembele (Fulham one), Demarai Gray, Gini Wijnaldum, Robin Quaison and Jack Hendry (ok they can't all be great), and of course Gerrard as manager.

Which makes it quite funny that they're 8th in the table out of 18 and behind teams like Al Fateh, Al Taawoun and Damac, who can call on the likes of Djaniny, Musa Barrow and Spurs legend Georges-Kévin Nkoudou respectively.

• Like 3

Something tells me Stevie G might not be the future Liverpool manager tbh :shifty:

• Haha 4