The January Transfer Window - 2024

Lineker

He's the bloke Spurs have just signed from Turkish Airlines. Didn't even know they had a team.

Brighton are doing Brighton things and signing another FM wonder kid. LB Valentin Barco is close to finalizing the move after Brighton paid his release clause. 

Jadon Sancho loan move to Dortmund is pretty much done too.

Brighton signing a promising new left back? I look forward to him stinking up Stamford Bridge next season after paying triple whatever this fee was.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Get it up you, Munich.

My favourite part is that Dragusin's agent seems genuinely annoyed that he chose Spurs over Bayern because he'd already agreed personal terms with us. I'm going to assume he's losing out on money, so his player's choice is very inconvenient for him.

Next course of action: get a chant written for him to the tune of Rasputin by Boney M. A name like Radu Dragusin works perfectly.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Brighton signing a promising new left back? I look forward to him stinking up Stamford Bridge next season after paying triple whatever this fee was.

If he's lucky, he'll get injured as soon as he arrives.

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Get it up you, Munich.

Enjoying the random tagging of Turkish airlines.

Is this guy flying in via them or did they sponsor the post?

FIFA really needs to make it a rule that agents are not allowed to be paid by the clubs for transfers. It should be like it is in I believe all American sports where the players pay their agents. I know there's still going to be fuckery with it, but it's got to be better than this where you have agents trying to sometimes force or trick their client move to a different club than what they might actually prefer.

3 hours ago, Szumi said:

FIFA really needs to make it a rule that agents are not allowed to be paid by the clubs for transfers. It should be like it is in I believe all American sports where the players pay their agents. I know there's still going to be fuckery with it, but it's got to be better than this where you have agents trying to sometimes force or trick their client move to a different club than what they might actually prefer.

I believe they have tried to severely limit the agent fees but that multiple countries have deemed it illegal, unfortunately.

• Sad 1

I don’t really see how tinkering with agent fees would make much of a practical difference. Let clubs pay agents and it’s a world where the clubs with the most economic power have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. Prevent clubs from paying agents and …it’s a world where the clubs with the most economic power have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. What does it really change? The teams still have the economic advantage and the money they don’t spend on agent fees would otherwise just go to inflating the wage packet. 

Something more fundamental is required. This is just vanity tinkering (which is why FIFA were willing to do it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, METALMAN said:

I don’t really see how tinkering with agent fees would make much of a practical difference. Let clubs pay agents and it’s a world where the clubs with the most economic power have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. Prevent clubs from paying agents and …it’s a world where the clubs with the most economic power have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else. What does it really change? The teams still have the economic advantage and the money they don’t spend on agent fees would otherwise just go to inflating the wage packet. 

Something more fundamental is required. This is just vanity tinkering (which is why FIFA were willing to do it).

Something like FFP? :shifty: Football will never change now, the gap is just going to get wider. My only hope is when the richest clubs do make their own league it's abandoned by most fans and the clubs die. Extremely doubtful though.

2 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Luke Ayling completed his move to Boro yesterday...

crying-sobbing.gif

With Phillips and now Ayling gone, how many players do Leeds still have with the Leeds haircut? This is very important.

I think it's been collateral damage in the shedding of the Bielsa era. Ian Poveda had the makings of it at one point but you can set your watch to his hair now. Kris Klaesson as well had it at one point but he was showing off like a bleached blonde mullet when he was thrust into the first team recently.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Lineker said:

I'm happy Dier got his move, he's been a good servant for the club and goes somewhere to win a trophy, and he was obviously not part of Ange's plan even as the last of last resorts.

That said, the chances of him getting past the bench at Bayern are slim to none, but at least Harry has a mate in Munich now.