The January Transfer Window - 2024

Lineker

I see Nuno is still going to the Jorge Mendes well for signings.

This looks a good signing for Forest on the face of it. Reyna and his dad were at the centre of that nonsensical US National Team fallout last year though, weren't they?

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

This looks a good signing for Forest on the face of it. Reyna and his dad were at the centre of that nonsensical US National Team fallout last year though, weren't they?

Yes. The one that ended with nobody learning anything and the coach who froze him out of the squad just getting to keep his job.

The injuries have done a number on what I think Reyna could've become, but he's still only 21. Perhaps a classic case of talent without the ambition, but maybe that ambition was curtailed by spending much of his early career hurt.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Forest also seem to be about to bring in 18-year-old Rodrigo Ribeiro from Sporting on loan, which is probably a Mendes signing.

When Nuno was at Wolves, Forest were also working quite closely with Mendes, but they were getting all the worst players he could flog. I hope they can bring in some sensible signings without overspending again, especially with the FFP penalty looming. Sam Johnstone on loan has also been mentioned.

2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Yes. The one that ended with nobody learning anything and the coach who froze him out of the squad just getting to keep his job.

The injuries have done a number on what I think Reyna could've become, but he's still only 21. Perhaps a classic case of talent without the ambition, but maybe that ambition was curtailed by spending much of his early career hurt.

Saying that Berhalter froze him out of the squad is a ridiculous misrepresentation of what actually happened. 

Gio was told that he wouldn't be an immediate starter at the World Cup because he had just spent months and months injured and was still getting full fitness back. Instead of putting in effort in training to prove him wrong, Gio put in next to no effort in training, was sulking about, and was being an awful teammate both on and off the pitch, to the point that some of both coaches and players alike wanted him kicked out of the World Cup.

Gio Reyna has a lot of potential. But the reality is that he cannot stay fit for a lengthy period of time, there have been multiple issues with coaches not liking his effort in training and his effort defensively in pressing. He also has two parents who are gigantic drama queens who have pretty much ruined their reputation and affected Gio's. There is a reason that Dortmund haven't been playing him even when fit, why they wanted him to go out on loan, and also why so many clubs rejected the chance to sign him.

I'd love to say he will do great for Forest and help repair his reputation, but I think playing in the Premier League is only going to get him hurt again. Really wish a Spanish or Italian team wanted him.

• Like 1

Romano missed the chance to tag Turkish Airlines. Amateur.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin

Spurs are set to loan the striker Alejo Véliz to Sevilla. The 20-year-old Argentinian, who joined last summer for £12.9m from Rosario Central, has made eight appearances in the Premier League, all of them as a substitute, scoring one goal – in the 4-2 defeat at Brighton on 28 December. He has been out since picking up an injury against Bournemouth on New Year’s Eve, Ange Postecoglou initially saying it would sideline him for “a couple of months”. It appears the assessment was overly pessimistic, with Véliz now back in training. Postecoglou’s attacking options will be swelled when Son Heung-min returns from the Asian Cup. Manor Solomon is also close to a comeback from injury.

Sounds like Conor Roberts is coming in on loan for Leeds.

A full back and another Welshman for the collection? What a time to be alive.

Re: Broja - two possible interpretations of this move:

1) The board are banking on no new injuries of any kind ever.

2) They know we'll be done with the cups soon and they literally don't give a fuck about the league.

Unless Broja plays infinitely better for Fulham than he has for Chelsea (not in any way impossible), he'll be back in the summer and that'll have been a whole waste of time.

Having spent the morning seeing 'Chelsea want 50m for Broja', I thought Fulham had gone insane when I saw the 'Broja set for Fulham' headlines later on.