General Television Thread 2024

Bobfoc

7 minutes ago, Hobo said:

'd reckon its a little bit age, a little bit in the recording maybe?  I know Julie Kavner's voice is pretty shot and has been since the movie

That's the odd thing, Julie Kavner has noticeably been going for a while, and some have changed voice actors anyway, but it's genuinely everybody in the show that sounds different.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

The Traitors (Australia) Season 2.

Hide contents

Hahaha what an absolute shambles. I heard it was a bit crap (compared to other editions) but Jesus, the cast were so immensely bad at the actual game.

Haven't watched it yet (Its not out here yet), but let me guess:

Spoiler

Only Traitors at the end, because the faithful are all dumbasses. (Hasn't happened on the U.S. or U.K., as far as I know. And...they both/all (depending on there being 2 or 3) choose to steal, so NO ONE wins money?

I've watched the first seasons of the U.S., U.K., and Australian versions and am currently watching season 2 of the U.S. version. The Australian version is my least favorite of the 3, though season 1 of the U.S. version was meh and only saved by Alan Cumming as the host.

11 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Haven't watched it yet (Its not out here yet), but let me guess:

Hide contents

Only Traitors at the end, because the faithful are all dumbasses. (Hasn't happened on the U.S. or U.K., as far as I know. And...they both/all (depending on there being 2 or 3) choose to steal, so NO ONE wins money?

I've watched the first seasons of the U.S., U.K., and Australian versions and am currently watching season 2 of the U.S. version. The Australian version is my least favorite of the 3, though season 1 of the U.S. version was meh and only saved by Alan Cumming as the host.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's pretty much spot on.

Yes, its back. I haven't seen episode 2 yet, but the first episode was good. I was hoping they'd say something to resolve the Rookie Feds cliffhanger since it was cancelled, but that might occur down the road. And all they really need to do is just have one quick line of dialog to deal with that. Don't even need anyone who was on the show to appear.

• Like 1

More Traitors U.S.:

Spoiler

Could be a traitor winning: No one really suspects Kate enough, and she's the last traitor standing, unless they have her recruit this close to the end. If she doesn't win, however, I hope CT is one of the last Faithful standing. (Or the one she recruits.)

Been watching Extraordinary, absolutely love it.

extraordinary-recensione-serie-tv-disney-plus_jpg_1600x900_crop_q85.jpg

"In a world where everyone gets a superpower at the age of 18, 25-year-old Jen struggles being the only person she knows who is an ordinary human."

Yeah it's basically Misfits, but it is very good and has a banging soundtrack. Really like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shogun is so so good

2 hours ago, K said:

Fuck lads, Slow Horses is a bit good innit.

Just seems to get better and better each season. Jackson Lamb is one of the best characters of all time.

12 hours ago, K said:

Been watching Extraordinary, absolutely love it.

extraordinary-recensione-serie-tv-disney-plus_jpg_1600x900_crop_q85.jpg

"In a world where everyone gets a superpower at the age of 18, 25-year-old Jen struggles being the only person she knows who is an ordinary human."

Yeah it's basically Misfits, but it is very good and has a banging soundtrack. Really like it.

11 hours ago, Colly said:

It's brilliant, can't wait for S2.

Glad I seen this, didn't realise there was even a second season coming and had forgot about it!

16 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Just seems to get better and better each season. Jackson Lamb is one of the best characters of all time.

watched all three seasons back to back in a weekend. incredible stuff.

• Like 1