General Television Thread 2024

Bobfoc

On 17/04/2024 at 21:09, Benji said:

True Detective Night Country finale.

Hide contents

Adored it. Entire series was a massive return to form and honestly I massively preferred this to even season one. Loved the ambiguity of the ending but still delivered answers on all the things that mattered. Phenomenal stuff that captured the spirit of season one whilst entirely making it its own thing.

Thought it was really good, but feel like it would have been better without the True Detective name. Would have been a great addition to The Terror.

Game Changer is always a delightful show, and sometimes it descends into chaotic brilliance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Game Changer is always a delightful show, and sometimes it descends into chaotic brilliance.

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but the Bingo episode was incredible.

For anyone who hasn't checked out Dropout, I highly recommend subscribing for a month and watching Game Changer and Make Some Noise. Even shows that I didn't think would appeal to me like Dirty Laundry were a lot of fun to watch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toe said:

I haven't watched yesterday's episode yet, but the Bingo episode was incredible.

For anyone who hasn't checked out Dropout, I highly recommend subscribing for a month and watching Game Changer and Make Some Noise. Even shows that I didn't think would appeal to me like Dirty Laundry were a lot of fun to watch.

Oh yesterday's episode immediately became one of my favorites.  

As for other shows, Make Some Noise is great, Very Important People is a great showcase of how good an improviser Vic Michaelis is, and I'm excited for their new show Smarty Pants Society this week.

• Like 1

We’ve been watching “From” on Amazon Prime - I’m pretty hooked. 

Whilst some of the acting is questionable, I’m really enjoying the mystery around it. Hoping this doesn’t go down the Lost route of too many questions and not enough answers however. 

• Like 1

Watched season 2 of The Traitors UK over 3 days. 

Spoiler

I was pulling for Harry the entire time, but I kind of wish he had picked Mollie to be the final Traitor instead of Andrew. Paul and Ash were thoroughly unlikeable, and obviously Ross was going to be a patsy. If any Faithfuls won, I was hoping it would come down to Ross (before he was recruited, that is), Mollie and Jaz. They couldn't get rid of Zack soon enough.....

Wish there was a reunion show. I'd love to hear what Diane, Ross and Mollie had to say after it was all over.

Should I even bother with season 2 of The Traitors Australia, considering I know what happens in the finale and there's nothing notable about the host, compared to the US and UK versions? Rodger is bland compared to Alan and Claudia. (Then again, everybody is bland compared to Alan.....)

Also, Dead Boy Detectives, on Netflix. I definitely recommend it, and can't wait for season 2.

8 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Watched season 2 of The Traitors UK over 3 days. 

Hide contents

I was pulling for Harry the entire time, but I kind of wish he had picked Mollie to be the final Traitor instead of Andrew. Paul and Ash were thoroughly unlikeable, and obviously Ross was going to be a patsy. If any Faithfuls won, I was hoping it would come down to Ross (before he was recruited, that is), Mollie and Jaz. They couldn't get rid of Zack soon enough.....

Wish there was a reunion show. I'd love to hear what Diane, Ross and Mollie had to say after it was all over.

Should I even bother with season 2 of The Traitors Australia, considering I know what happens in the finale and there's nothing notable about the host, compared to the US and UK versions? Rodger is bland compared to Alan and Claudia. (Then again, everybody is bland compared to Alan.....)

Also, Dead Boy Detectives, on Netflix. I definitely recommend it, and can't wait for season 2.

There was a companion show Traitors: Uncloacked which had the contestants on as guests after they were eliminated, including a big live show after the finale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

There was a companion show Traitors: Uncloacked which had the contestants on as guests after they were eliminated, including a big live show after the finale. 

This is also available in podcast form on BBC Sounds… had slightly longer interviews than the TV format had.

• Like 2

On 28/04/2024 at 23:09, GhostMachine said:

Just watched it today and yea, fantastic series.  All the leads are extremely likable, Edwins story has a lot of heart behind it, Ruth Connell was great, and I had no idea until I watched it that it a spinoff from The Sandman, though I know it was originally supposed to spinoff from Doom Patrol

16 hours ago, Lint said:

Just watched it today and yea, fantastic series.  All the leads are extremely likable, Edwins story has a lot of heart behind it, Ruth Connell was great, and I had no idea until I watched it that it a spinoff from The Sandman, though I know it was originally supposed to spinoff from Doom Patrol

From what I understand, Ruth Connell played Night Nurse but different actors played Charles and Edwin in an episode of Doom Patrol, while Death and Dispair are played by the same actors as on Sandman. But the characters are all from the Sandman comics originally.

On 29/04/2024 at 07:35, Jimmy said:

Apparently you can't watch Uncloaked, the show or podcast, outside the UK. :(