General Television Thread 2024

Bobfoc

So I started watching The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin from Apple TV+.  Its filling the hole that Our Flag Means Death getting cancelled left

Just finished The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live aka the Rick and Michonne series.  Honestly, while it started off slow, it gets much better

I haven't been big on most of The Walking Dead spinoffs.

Fear The Walking Dead  I quit after a few episodes because I didn't think it was interesting

The World Beyond I quit after 1 episode because it was more of the same

Dead City was a lot of fun I thought

Daryl Dixon I got to, I think, episode 4 and didn't finish.  I like Daryl, but he's just not interesting.  He's never had any real character growth

But yea, The Ones Who Live  was actually really good

On 29/03/2024 at 13:59, Benji said:

They released Cop Cuties as a single!

Is this the "Arrest me, but make it sexy" song?

The Good Doctor this week was a shocker. And NOT in a good way.

Spoiler

They killed off Asher! :( 

And I hope Charlie just ended her career.

Aye that's the one.

Archer Into The Cold

Spoiler

Mixed feelings. With regard to the show ending, I admit that it's probably about time, probably even past time, but I am really sad that it's happened just as they've introduced Zara who bought some interesting changes to the dynamics.

Glad they made the right decisions regarding how it ended with Lana and Archer not getting together, and Archer and Pam - who always had his back - going into work together.

Finale itself was nothing special, but nothing bad either, just a nice send off.

• Like 1

Watched Gordon, Gino and Fred's Road Trip last night with the partner as she loves it.

They had been travelling Mexico. It was great with their humour, food and visuals of the country. Best bit was the Lucha Libre segment and I learnt a lot from this first exposure to it in a very weird way, and renewed an old interest in it. 

Finished season 2 of the Traitors UK last night. Thoughts about the finale in spoilers.

Spoiler

Absolutely heartbreaking way for it to end, but I called it a few episodes before hand and mapped out exactly how it was going to happen at the start of the finale. Harry played a perfect game. It's going to be hard to ever top it.

12 hours ago, Pooker said:

Finished season 2 of the Traitors UK last night. Thoughts about the finale in spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I'm of the opinion that he took advantage of other people's naivety more than played it perfectly. Glad he won fuck all.

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:
  Hide contents

I'm of the opinion that he took advantage of other people's naivety more than played it perfectly. Glad he won fuck all.

Spoiler

Did he not win all the money?

I wish he hadn't but he got Mollie on side and that did for him, and her, when it came time for Jaz to out him.

We've just started watching Traitors Australia purely because a lot of people have said that series 2 is bonkers.

27 minutes ago, Adam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

🤣 I was confusing it with another one that I won't spoil just in case.

But the others being naive bit rings true. Mollie trusted him so much for no reason at all. You can make real friends during the game but it doesn't mean they aren't lying to you. It's the literal point. She even wanted to vote for him right at the end and still couldn't. Pissed me off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baddar said:
  Hide contents

🤣 I was confusing it with another one that I won't spoil just in case.

But the others being naive bit rings true. Mollie trusted him so much for no reason at all. You can make real friends during the game but it doesn't mean they aren't lying to you. It's the literal point. She even wanted to vote for him right at the end and still couldn't. Pissed me off.

Spoiler

Oh, it pissed me and my wife off too. But, her being naive about Harry just plays into the game. Harry may not have ever said it, but it was clear to me, that they were keeping Mollie around just for that reason. He knew they would never vote her off and that she would trust him to the end. Like I said, he played it perfectly.

I'm a few weeks behind on Curb but I've already seen FB posts giving the general synopsis of the finale plot and it's pretty much what I assumed it would be within the first 2 or so episodes into this season.  And completely fitting.

Gonna miss this show.

Finished The Regime on Max and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the finale.  I thought the show was going to be a lot more comedic then it was

7/10, and it only gets the 7 because of Kate Winslet