04 Croatia
05 Norway 
06 Armenia
07 UK
08 Spain
09 France
10 Austria

Happy with the result. 

Also, can't believe UK votes Israel 1st. Fucking idiots. 

I'm not too surprised, given the right wing push to vote for Israel with the usual hacks encouraging their tribe of fuckwits to vote for them despite having no interest in the contest. If 30% of people who voted went for Israel because Laurence Fox told them to and the other 70% are just voting for their favourite songs it was inevitable they would win our popular vote.

• Like 1

Most surprising part of the Israel public vote thing is that it didn't win. They were aiming to win that one more than anything else and spent millions on publicity and drives to get people to vote all over the place they'd run a stronger PR campaign then the competition and have the bank balance to show for it. When it came to votes there were GBNews types being mobilised to support them and voting without watching, people who are sympathetic to Israel or the performer getting a hard time through no fault of her own - because how many viewers are actually following everything rather than viewing just the final? - and of course it's disingenuous to say there aren't people who genuinely feel it was the best song and performance of the night. As I said the biggest surprise to me was that it didn't win the vote.

Overall, I think it was a deserving winner, I think Nemo performed the song well, it had a catchy chorus and hook that becomes a bit of an ear worm and the visuals were great. It wasn't necessarily my personal favourite but I can see all the reasons why people would like it. There's the standard bit about "the jury deciding the winner and stealing it from the people" from people but it's a no win situation. Make it all about the public vote and it's open to manipulation, especially with people being able to vote at any time which is a decision I don't really like, make it all jury and you've got a bunch of stuffy out of touch suits deciding it. EBU have done quite a bit wrong this year but getting that balance is something I can sympathise with. I don't know the solution to that problem, but I'm not paid to find the solution either.

Well, I can't say I have ever paid attention to Eurovision post Riverdance half way show (an event etched in my memory forever, as we tried to have a BBQ, but, we lived in Cork, so, it was just 3 dads under umbrellas outside while the rest of us were indoors)

However, Bambie Thugs' semi final performance popped up on my Youtube, so, I gave it a go. I instantly fell in love, and am actually really deflated that they didn't win. Damn you, Eurovision!