Official Football Manager 2005 Topic

Thomas

Relegation battles/promotion-chasing > winning titles.

My 9 cups and 2 titles at Newcastle say differently.

My 6 Cups and 4 straight top placed promotions as well as a UEFA cup under my belt as Exeter disagree more so.

Actually your stupidity more so, as the original says promotion-chasing then you say that the game whereby you have done plenty of promotion chasing disagrees with it :wacko:

As for the registered players in Spain, it's a great idea, it does the job of a transfer window without the last minute fiascos where the FA screw up because of a bank holiday.

I was saying that my promotions disagreed with Summers' victories with Newcastle, stupidity points don't go to Benji here foolpants.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They do. Most EC countries have non-EC players limit. Barcelona have Mexican Rafael Marquez, Brazilian Ronaldinho and Eto'o from Cameroon. Sylvinho got a Spanish Citizen passport in the beggining of the season, and Rustu was sent away cause he didn't have a place.

On Real Madrid, there's Argentinian Walter Samuel, and Brazilians Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo.

The other foreigners they have, either are from EC members or don't count as such via citizen passports acquired through marriage to a EC citizen, or his ancestors.

Guest The Real Deal

Just started a new game with West Brom for a challange. Brought in

Albert Celades - 1.3m

Christophe Dugarry - Free

Fernandes - 1.7m

Streller - 325k

Titus Bramble - 356k / Player Exchange

I got beat 2-1 by Rangers first game then beat some other team with Rangers in their name 1-0, and then beat Real Madrid 1-0!

Edited by laeD laeR ehT

I'm still Man Utd and pretty much dominating. Won all of the domestic cups, but lost in extra time to Barcelona in the Champions League final. Been pretty quiet in pre-season. Signed Stuart Downing and that will probably be my only signing.

However, I did get some interesting news from the board. They said that Old Trafford will be getting a roof put on it so we'll be playing all our home games at the now empty Maine Road, which was pretty unexpected.

utdroof2oq.th.jpg

Anybody else had something similar?

As for Ireland, we are doing pretty good, drew to Greece away and are still top of our group, three points in front of Germany with four games still left. Hopefully we can hang on and make it to the World Cup next year.

Not posted about my game in a while...

Still playing game i started the day I got FM. Just started my seventh season with Man Utd and it's still awesome. First 4 seasons I won...

4 League Titles

2 Champions League Titles

1 FA Cup

2 Super Cups

2 World Club Championships

In my fifth season not only did I lose the premiership title to Chelsea, but I didn't win anything. Finished second in the league and was knocked out of all cups in the quarters/semis stages. The sixth season was awesome though, my team did the quadruple which marks the first time ever, on any CM, that i've won the League Cup so i was quite proud. Was England manager for the 2008 Euro championships, did horrifically. We went out in the first round (after beating Holland 2-1 in the opener no less).

Start of my seventh season now, have just won the Super Cup against Athletico Madrid and am second in the league behind Villa (P6 W4 D2). Champs League groups just drawn too, and I get Milan, Barca and Steau...fantastic. I've also just become Holland manager, I picked them over Brazil, Czech Republic and Portugal only to find out they don't really have much of a team. Still, first game in charge... 4-2 win over Poland at home after being 2-0 down. Van Persie = AWESOME :)

Anyway, I'm actually posting for assistance. I have way too many players and they're getting unhappy but I dunno who to offload. I play a 4-1-3-2 formation and I've just got rid of Kim Kallstrom and Alexandr Kerzhakov but i've still got too many. HELP.

My squad (and their ages)

Goalkeepers

Bastian Pauly - 23/24 -

Martin Stekelenberg - 27 -

Defenders

Glen Johnson (RB) - 25 -

Gabriel Heinze (LB) - 32 -

Vincent Kompany (CB) - 24 -

Steven Taylor (CB) - 23 -

Jonathan Spector (RB/CB) - 23 -

Mark Gonzalez (LB/LM) - 26 -

Pique (CB) - 23 -

Midfielders

Cristiano Ronaldo (AMRLC) - 25 -

Rafael Van der Vaart (AMLC) - 27 -

Francesc Fabregas (MC) - 23 -

Darren Fletcher (AMRC) - 26 -

Matia Berschadsky - 20 -

Freddy Adu (AM/FLC) - 22 -

Danielle De Rossi (DMLC) - 27/28 -

Anthony Vanden Borre (DMRC) - 25 -

Stewart Downing (AML) - 25 -

Paul Thorpe (MC) - 18 -

Stuart Oliver (MC) - 18 -

Nicky Kuiper (ML) - 21 -

Forwards

Wayne Rooney (FC) - 25 -

Alan Smith (FRC - 29 -

Robinho (SC) - 25 -

Valeri Bojinov (SC) - 24 -

Jefferson Farfan (FLC) - 26 -

Alessio Cerci (FRLC) - 24 -

Ryan Babel (SC) - 23/24 -

Ruud van Nistelrooy (SC) - 33 -

I went a full season unbeaten with man Utd and got bored so im now at Spurs. I have an amazing tactic. If anyone wants it PM me and i'll send you guys it

Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in using other peoples' tactics? I'd much rather find my own.

So why ditch the first game just to go somewhere else and buy the same players?

Maybe you go to a smaller club, so it's more of a challenge? Just not enjoying the original game? I don't know, but if someone wants to chop and change games, what's the problem?

If you read my post, I posed that question, and then answered it. I was just qualifying what Thomas was trying to say.

Easily got promoted from Serie C1 with Napoli, missed out on top spot however.

About to start Serie B, but because for some reason I signed fucking Gabriel Batistuta and his minimum release fee is too much, I can't get the overseas player I won't.

AND they won't give him a work permit to head out to Norwich.