Bands you like...

Benji

Because not one member of the band has ANY talent?

Yeah, that'd probably be it. And for the fact that every song sounds the same, with limited exceptions, and the majority of them suck anyway.

Korn suck, and trying to say they "revolutionised the American rock scene" is pure bullshit. Just like the band. Ill Nino are ok, but nothing special.

But yeah, Rammestien rock. They rock even if you know no German, but they rock even more if you know what they're talking about :P

Also, Placebo. I don't know where they stand in the grand scheme of bands that are cool, but they rule.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band is called Atomship, and they are, IMO, like Disturbed's first album...kind of, but not really.

'cause it's two in the morrrrrrrrrrrrninnnnnnnng.............dig that song.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Auf der Maur

"Modern Romance" is probably one of the better songs of 2003, although nobody probably heard it until last year. TV On The Radio's cover is cute, if not vocally impressive.

Auf der Maur. Well, it's Melissa Auf der Maur. Those who speak badly shall be persecuted.

And if you're curious as to what I listen to that gets crapped all over, it's Coheed & Cambria and mc chris. While neither are hugely known, I fail to think of one instance where one of my friends decided to not make fun of the vocals.

Edited by The

Someone mentioned people hating the Darkness just because of their popularity, I personally think thats bullshit.

I heard of the Darkness a couple of years ago when "Get Your Hands Off My Woman" was first released and I saw the video for it. My immediate conclusion was that they sucked. Irritating, unfunny and shitty music.

Since then my opinion hasn't changed, although having to constantly listen to their music on the radio on TV, listening to people comparing them to Queen and talking about how they are the future of rock music, how they brought fun back into rock music and hearing Justin Hawkins either playing an arrogant asshole very well, or just being one hasn't really improved my opinion of them.

I can only hope that every single member of the band dies horribly in a freak yaughting accident.

AC/DC.

Disturbed.

Dropkick Murphys.

Drowning Pool.

Fozzy.

Gorillaz.

Green Day.

Guns 'n' Roses.

Kid Rock.

Korn.

Limp Bizkit.

Prodigy.

Rammstein.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Staind.

The Darkness.

The Hives.

The Strokes.

All of them I've been told are either crap or I've had strange looks when mentioning them in music-ralated conversation. But fuck them, I don't limit myself to one genre, it's kind of impossible to genre artists and bands anyways because they can change their style of music on demand.

Kidz Bop covered Float On?!?! I shall now kill them.

Kidz Bop 7. Saw the commercials during AdultSwim.

Also, gotta say Soulfly. A lot of metal fans despise them, when they don't sound all that bad. Even Prophecy, hailed as one of their best albums, gets haterized and it rocks.

HIM

I don't think they're great, and do generally hate fans who worship them as the best band ever, but a fair few of their tracks are quite listenable.

A Perfect Circle

I'm sick of people telling me they're a 'shit Tool'. Fucking geniuses. They're a less complex, less talented Tool, yes, but they're also a DIFFERENT BAND.

The Used

People always say 'Haha, j00 emo fagb0y!11!!!one!!!!11!!!' whenever I mention liking them. Do us all a favour and stop being so genre-ist <_<

At The Drive-In

So many people tell me 'It's just stupid noise' whenever they're brought up in conversation. Listen more. Don't just comment.

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Fucking marvellous, but people just shit on them for, funnily enough the band shitting on them. Hah.

The Mars Volta

It's not 'just random guitar effects and sounds' as someone has said to me before, it's music, which is painstakingly crafted. To perfection :P

Pearl Jam

Pearl jam are probably my favourite ever band. Yet people say I shouldn't listen to them because I don't like other grunge bands like Nirvana and Soundgarden. Well so-rry. Nirvana were over-rated, and Soundgarden just never appealed.

My Chemical Romance

See: The Used

Oh, Turbine Blade reminded me. I quite like that one My Chemical Romance song, can't recall the name though, but the video looks to be shot at a prep school or something. The Used is alright too, I like "Take It Away".

Take It Away is a great song. Have you heard Just A Little? It's on the Resident Evil: Apocalypse OST.

On another The Used related note, does anyone have a bootleg of live 'Box Full of Sharp Objects' with Matt Davies from Funeral For A Friend?

Korn suck, and trying to say they "revolutionised the American rock scene" is pure bullshit. Just like the band. Ill Nino are ok, but nothing special. now where they stand in the grand scheme of bands that are cool, but they rule.

Care to explain how Korn didn't? They created a whole new genre of music that Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, etc. have followed in. I didn't say that you had to like the bands, but when you create a genre, you've revolutionized at the very least, part of the rock scene. Who's the most popular rock band today? Most would probably be Linkin Park, regardless of whether you like them or not, because they are popular and aren't THAT bad. I mean, some is left to be desired, but it doesn't defeat the fact that they're at least semi-good to be that god damn popular.

ICP, and by extension Twiztid, Blaze, ABK. Aside from most of their hardcore fans, who in my opinion are only one step above furries on the internet social scale, I can't figure out why people hate them so much. I can understand why people wouldn't like them, but I don't see why so many people have such extreme negative opinions for them.