Battle Royale: 72 Hours

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trifecta's Jeff

He's not posting updates @ .400 either, so I don't know whats up. I hope it continues. Imma be mad if it doesn't :(

• 2 weeks later...

Don't bump this diary up when there's nothing. It gets everybody else's hopes up for nothing and pushess other, more active diaries, further down the topic listing.

(I am, of course, doing the same, so I apologize. Let this happen no more. Gongsun will update when he can, ne?)

i had my hopes up when i saw this. Damn n00b ruining everything. Thats why we dont let you guys outta your cages for 3 months, you screw everything up until your trained. :P Just kidding, just dont do it again

• 1 month later...

damn you....damn you straight to hell. When i saw this i was shocked and overjoyed, as i figured Gongsun had finally dicided to update. Then i came it and found that you had to bump this. As Go Go put it so nicely a while ago:

Don't bump this diary up when there's nothing. It gets everybody else's hopes up for nothing and pushess other, more active diaries, further down the topic listing.

Okay, YOU are just being an asshole. Piss off and LET THIS DIARY DIE IN PEACE IF THAT IS WHAT GONGSUN WISHES, OKAY? This would be better off locked, really.

We should just follow .400 (I can't believe I just said that) and let a mod close it. If Gongsun ever wants to continue the diary, he can ask the mod to open it again. It was almost the same situation in .400, with people bumping it almost every single day.

• 3 weeks later...

Right. I've received pms, messages, and what not concerning this diary. I've been kind of evasive regarding those questions, and for that I apologize. Therefore, I feel that I owe you - all my readers, a proper explanation.

You see, school has taken it's toll on me. Between exams, extra lessons, and helping my freinds get out of there eternal social problems, I've found myself losing the time and inspiration to write. I've been trying hard to get myself back in the mood, but my mind continues to be in a blank state of...blankness. Anyway, what with some spare time on my hands...I've decided to try and kick things off once more. Keep in mind though, I don't know how long before the next update comes along, but I shall promise you one thing:

I will complete Battle Royale: 72 Hours by the end of the year. That, you have my word.

Now without further ado, the show ;) . It's not that good, but hey, I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things here. :P

---

Hour 40

Day 2

1500 to 1600

They called him Justin Credible. He was a wrestler, no, an entertainer. His job revolved around entertaining the masses. But not like this. Not stuck on an island and forced to fight to the death. Definitely not sitting on a crate of beans waiting for forty other people to kick the bucket. This wasn’t kayfabe. There was no almighty booker controlling the storylines. No backstage politics to give you that edge in battle. No powers-that-be working the scenes. Once you lost, it was game over for you. Everything he had accomplished in his career was nothing next to this.

Slowly, he looked up, glancing over at his comrade, no, his friend, Scott Hall. He was fast asleep; the contest nothing more than a distant memory. For him, the only reality was dream. A make-believe world, filled with beer, women, and even more beer. He was probably happy there. Well, at least much happier compared to Credible anyway.

So…peaceful…blind and completely oblivious to the outside world…it would be all too easy to sneak up and kill him right now. All he had to do was press his gun against his forehead and pull the trigger. It would be quick, and maybe even painless. Scott Hall would never even know what hit him. After all, wasn’t what this contest was all about? Killing your friends? Better them than you, right?

But he didn’t have to kill anyone, right? As long as he stayed in this warehouse, and as long as it didn’t become a danger zone, he was perfectly safe. He could wait for the others to kill each other off – who knew how many were left? Assuming he played evasively, he would only need to kill one person – the runner up.

Then again, what if it came down to him and Scott Hall? Only one of them could escape, and it would mean killing Hall anyway. In that case, wouldn’t the best possible option be to murder him right now, while he was asleep and defenseless?

Of course, he had already considered the option. He had considered everything, planned out in detail a winning scenario, and taken care of all the lose ends. The moment the contest began, he had put his plan into motion, maximizing his odds of survival. Friends didn’t exist in the contest. They were just another piece of meat standing in your way, a statistic waiting to be chalked down. It was quite simple really, if he wanted to win, everyone else – Scott Hall included, had to die. Each and every one of them, be they friend, colleague or foe. Of course, this was all in theory – who’d have guessed that the execution was that much more complicated?

He sighed. He had to do something. He couldn’t live like this, torn between two extremes. Something had to give – and it wasn’t going to be him.

He felt about for his gun, finding it between his feet. Carefully, he picked it up, letting the suns rays bounce of the metal casing. The metal was cold to the touch, despite the oppressively hot temperature that engulfed the entire island. Sleek, unyielding steel. It felt like death. As far as texture was concerned, it definitely did its job well. Deadly, ruthless and unyielding. The perfect killing machine. Just like he had to be.

He lowered the pistol, so that the barrel was aimed directly at Scott Hall’s head. At this close range, missing was no longer a possibility. The only thing left was to pull the trigger. For a fraction of a second, a vivid image of Scott Hall lying in a pool of his own blood, bullet in his head, flashed through his mind. And then, an image of himself standing triumphantly over his former friend, celebrating at his first taste of glory. After all, if he could kill his own friend, he could kill anyone.

He tried to push the thought away, but in continued to linger in the shadows, whispering in his subconscious. Justin Credible shuddered. If he didn’t do something soon, the temptation would consume him. He would go mad, and there was no chance in hell that he could win. He needed to focus. He needed rest.

The thought of rest reminded of sleep, and how tired he was. He closed his eyes, trying to surpass a yawn. He wasn’t sure why he hadn’t chosen to go to bed, but he had a good feeling it had something to do with paranoia. Fear of Scott Hall killing him in his sleep. Just like he was –

The gun.

He was still holding on to the gun. The same gun aimed directly at Scott Hall’s forehead. Waiting patiently for the inevitable moment where Credible would squeeze the trigger, and Scott Hall would be no more. Beads of sweat slid down his forehead, before falling off his chin and onto the concrete floor below. In his mind a terrible war raged on, between the instinctive need for survival and the humanitarian ideals of friendship. All this while, the pistol stood poised to attack, as it awaited the final verdict.

Scott Hall snorted in his sleep, and rolled over. Instinctively, the barrel of the gun followed his head, it was directly in his sights once more. It was tempting. Too tempting. In fact, Credible would have given in, and eliminate his friend at that very instant.

But none of that happened.

Instead, something got to them first.

22 Wrestlers Remaining

Good God, is that an...update?!

:o

Pretty good. I liked the conflict Credible was going through, but I was kinda disappointed when he didn't kill Hall, but I guess thats made up for by the fact that someone's going to attack anyway.

:thumbsup:

Now go update Kill Bill. And Mars. And Roleplay Idol. Then Battle Royale, I haven't saw an update in ages.

Edited by Kaneanite

At first i thought it was those spam whores " getting people's hopes up " . But thank god this diary is back, as the old saying goes you don't know whatcha have till it's gone. And i had always been reading this diary but never really responded and once it was gone i realized how few good diaries were actually around.

As for the reason why you stopped i can understand that. And considering it when reading the update it's a great update, heck it's even good for normal terms. Should be interesting, and i'm happy to know by '05 this'll be over. Maybe we'll see a WBR3. ;):P