Battle Royale: 72 Hours

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as it's the half way point of the contest, I've decided to take a break and simply do a quick summary of who is left. Hopefully this will get rid of any confusion as to their whereabouts. Regular Battle Royale action will resume in the next hour.

---

Hour 36

Day 2

1100 to 1200

Bischoff swiveled about in his chair. The past five hours had been a busy one, with no less than six superstars biting the dust. Business was definitely beginning to pick up. With the contest reaching its approximate half life, the bets had begun to pour in, mostly for Mick Foley, and surprisingly enough, Nunzio. Also ranking high on the tables were Christian, Ken Shamrock and Shaggy 2 Dope. On the other hand, Spike Dudley, John Cena and Chris Sabin made up the bottom segment of the table.

Thirty six hours ago, forty eight wrestlers left the confines of the bunker to do battle on a deserted island. Equipped with a random weapon to ensure fairness, they were left alone to do their business. Now, only twenty four wrestlers remained, only half of the original number. Obviously, fairness had long gone out the window by now. Of course, there was still plenty of time to go. Plenty of time for a few surprises. Regardless, one of these men was going to walk home the winner.

John Cena. Trapped in a house still guarded by the dogmatic Christian with only a corpse for company, things don’t look good for the Doctor of Thuganomics. Severely outgunned by the Uzi toting Christian, his odds of survival are slim. But, despite the bleakness of his situation, there is always room for something worse, as Chris Sabin could tell you. Feigning death just meters away from Christian’s position, he might as well be considered dead.

Bill DeMott, caught in the land of dreams, continues to sleep, oblivious to the mayhem all around him. A short distance away, Jerry Lynn lies curled up in a ball, his arms and legs bound by thick rope. His mind is a blank, having already given up hope a long time ago. For once DeMott awakens, he know it will be his time to die.

Sick and tired of his pathetic career, Garrison Cade seeks to find victory in the hollow corridors of the hospital. It is here that Rowdy Roddy Piper makes his presence known, armed with a deadly Desert Eagle, the very gun that took off half the head of Diamond Dallas Page. But there also lies a much more sinister foe, in the form the insane Shaggy 2 Dope. Having beaten Zach Gowen to death with his own leg, 2 Dope basks in the pleasure of homicide. While the appearance of sunlight may have made the place less creepy, there is blood still waiting to be spilled.

Vince McMahon. One of, if not the greatest wrestling promoter to have ever walked the planet. Camping in a worn out shack with his shotgun aimed at the door, his hatred for Bischoff could just cause him to cross the thin line between sanity and madness. Unfortunately, this isn’t sports entertainment. This time, it’s real.

Having started with nothing more than an Ice Pick, Nunzio has already made an impact on the competition with the elimination of New Jack. His next target is Ken Shamrock, the world’s most dangerous man. A considerable force even when unarmed, one can only imagine just how deadly he is with a Smith & Wesson. But what good can a pistol do when faced with the stopping power of both an Ingram and SPAS12? Only time can tell.

Refusing to play the game, Tommy Dreamer has formed a ragtag crew, aiming to thwart the system. Along with Terry Funk, Vader and Tazz, they seek to leave the madness of the island behind. Unfortunately, as though the impossible nature of their task wasn’t bad enough, they now face another challenge in the form of Randy Orton. Orton, upon witnessing the murder of Test, has taken it upon himself to deal swift justice to the murderer…Tazz.

Stocked up with the food of the dead, Justin Credible and Scott Hall bide their time in an abandoned warehouse. While Hall is simply relieved to be safe, Credible spends each moment in deep thought, knowing that all too soon he would be thrust back into the action. And then, it would be time for him to finally draw blood, taking the lives of all that stand in his way, even if it happened to be his friend.

Sometimes, the best companion in times like these can be solitude. Starving, wounded and lost, the Undertaker finds himself in a difficult position. He’s cheated death once, but can he do it again? Across the island, haunted by the death of his former companion, Steven Richards now walks the forest unarmed, and alone, while the petite Spike Dudley hides in an attic, praying that nobody finds him. Meanwhile, Mick Foley, desperate for peace above all else, hides in a mansion by the edge of the island, staring into the dead eyes of the late Steve Corino.

Violent J. Fueled by a burning desire to slaughter the man who put him to sleep, he heads towards the mansion, eager for bloodshed. Driven by vengeance, the fact that he remains weaponless doesn’t bother him in the least. Unfortunately, the road to revenge is not an easy one, as a purposeless Shane Douglas moves towards the same target, fire axe by his side. They will meet before sundown, and two shall become one.

Bischoff jumped, his thoughts interrupted by the sound of a ringing phone. Annoyed, he yelled for one of his lackeys to answer. A short while later, the trooper returned, receiver in hand.

“Sir, it’s the Director.”

24 Wrestlers Remaining

It's not very good to waste an hour just telling what everyone is doing. It seems that none of them have moved from any of their positions.

...shut up. Do you read the rest of the thread? People keep asking WHERES VINCE. WHERES SABIN. WHERES NUNZIO. WHERES ZACK KOWEN. WHERES VINCE.

Grow a brain, kid. It's called summary and foreshadowing.

It's not very good to waste an hour just telling what everyone is doing. It seems that none of them have moved from any of their positions.

Anata wa bakayaro desu ne.

There are hours where nothing is achieved by anyone in this game. Giving us all the chance to recap and get an idea of everyone who is left is very smart.

Guest Captain Foo

You are an idiot.

Now then. Nunzio may be very well armed, but he doesn't have it upstairs. If he comes face to face with Shamrock, he'll freeze. And Shamrock will shoot him square in the face.

You are an idiot.

Now then. Nunzio may be very well armed, but he doesn't have it upstairs. If he comes face to face with Shamrock, he'll freeze. And Shamrock will shoot him square in the face.

Actually, Nunzio doesn't have it downstairs.

I think Zan is pushing Foley over as Kawada (in the real BR). So I think Foley could win it twice, much like Kawada

I think Zan is pushing Foley over as Kawada (in the real BR). So I think Foley could win it twice, much like Kawada

Kawada didn't really win twice. He won once and he technically survived another to the end of the actual game.

Hour 37

Day 2

1200 to 1300

“Sir, it’s the Director himself. He wants to speak with you.”

The sound of his employer sent shivers down Bischoff’s spine. Assuming that nothing had gone wrong, there was no reason for him to be calling. Had something gone wrong? No, that was impossible. Especially since Bischoff had taken great precautions to make sure everything went according to plan. The contest was in a state of perfection. People were dying, and the bets were coming in. What more could the Director ask for?

But if that was the case, then why was he calling? Had Bischoff carelessly forgotten about something? He quickly scanned through his notes, trying to locate any careless slipup on his part. Nothing turned up.

Nervously, he picked up the receiver.

Bischoff: “Bischoff here.”

Director: “Is everything in order?”

Bischoff paused. Why would he ask if he knew what was going on? Unless he was trying to test him, hoping that he will slip up.

Bischoff: “Yes, yes. Everything is fine. Were you expecting anything else from the great Eric Bischoff?”

Director: “I’m not here to listen to you flatter yourself. I’ve got business to attend to.”

“My sincerest apologies,” Bischoff shot back. “Now, may I ask the purpose of your call?”

Director: “Don’t push your luck with me, Eric. Talk to me in that tone again and I’ll have your head. But to answer your question, I’ve just got off the phone from one of our overseas correspondents, and it appears, that there are not one, as previously thought, but two former winners of the program.”

Another former winner? Why wasn’t he told of this earlier? Obviously, Foley was one…but who was the other?

Bischoff: “Is that so? Well, just give me his name and I’ll see to it immediately.”

Director: “You’re a smart man Bischoff. Figure it out yourself. Good day.”

Frustrated, Bischoff waited for the Director to hang up before violently throwing the phone against the wall. This was ridiculous. How did the Director expect him to run things without bothering to provide any information?

He started to pace about the room, trying to calm down. Instead, he only grew more frustrated as he realized that he was fifteen minutes late for his update. Making his way over to the console, he activated the microphone and began to speak.

Bischoff: “Alright…”

He paused, thinking of what to say. Taking several deep breaths to calm down, he started again.

Bischoff: “Good afternoon everybody. Your Uncle Eric would like to congratulate all of you for making it this far. Unfortunately, you’ve still got another twenty three more eliminations to go. However, the pace is clearly picking up, with Wrestler #4 Billy Gunn, Wrestler #2 BG James, Wrestler #22 Konnan, Wrestler #14 Edge, Wrestler #40 Teddy Hart, and last but not least, Wrestler #30, Ron Killings. That’s six deaths in the past six hours, a new record! I hope to see this standard carry out throughout the rest of the contest, or I’m afraid all of you will have to die.”

---

As Bischoff continued to ramble on, John Cena waited in the house, slumped in a corner. A crow flew into the room, perching on the bridge of Gunn’s nose, meaning to snack on his eyes. Cena grabbed a small pebble, throwing it at the crow in an attempt to spook it off. Instead, the crow simply looked at him, cawing twice. Getting up, he charged the bird, trying to chase it out of the house. This time, the tactic worked, and he was alone once again.

In a way, he was starting to realize how lucky he was. Compared to the rest of the contestants, he was safely hidden away, guarded by the one man who sought to kill him. Considering the increasing death toll, being hidden away was a very good thing to be right now. In fact, he was even beginning to get used to the place. Maybe he could even catch some shut eye, letting Christian take care of all the dirty work.

Funnily enough, Christian was doing quite well by himself, despite standing out there in the middle of nowhere. One would expect with all the shit flying about, he was bound to get attacked sooner or later. Cena wondered if he had considered it. Then again, with the amount of heat he packed, he doubted Christian had anything to worry about. Regardless of how the fight went, Cena would definitely benefit either way. Should Christian win, he would continue to benefit from his unlikely services. Should he lose, it would give him the perfect opportunity to escape. And then, once time was running out, maybe he could set up a trap, and ambush him before it was too late.

Deciding to follow that course of action, he set his watch to wake him up at six, as he begun to doze off. As long as Christian didn’t find out what he was doing, he would be fine. Heck, maybe he even stood a chance of winning this thing after all.

Suddenly, he sprung awake, as Bischoff called out the names of the new danger zones. If he was right, it meant that his position was going to turn into a danger zone at exactly three o’clock. Quickly, he dug out his map, praying to God that he had misread his position. Spreading the map on the floor, he used his finger to trace his location. After a few minutes of careful searching, he managed to confirm his location. This definitely wasn’t good. In a matter of seconds, his plan had melted away into nothingness, leaving him once again in a tough situation.

Unless he got out of the house within two hours, he was going to die.

24 Wrestlers Remaining

Leave the Good Dr Of Thuganomics alone.

Or at least let Taker come back and Kill Christian so Cena can escape, either way works for me :)

Wouldn't Christian possibly die if there was an explosion inside the room? Then Uncle Eric could have two more kills just like that...hehehe. And...two former winners? This is starting to sound more and more like BR 1, where three people escaped.

Wouldn't Christian possibly die if there was an explosion inside the room? Then Uncle Eric could have two more kills just like that...hehehe. And...two former winners? This is starting to sound more and more like BR 1, where three people escaped.

3 People???

Foley, Vader and Who?

The one thing I'm happy about is that Christian is a "camping cold-hearted motherfuckin' psycho" instead of the BR-inspired "running around with a firecracker up the arse and spewing bullets at anything that is moving motherfuckin' psycho"

Good job, Gongsun. Will we see an elimination via a Danger Zone? :o That'd be a first.

And I don't think that Vader counts as a former winner, he didn't actually participate in the first Gongsun-led Royale. And obviously, the former winner has to be alive, so... Hm. The Undertaker? Tazz might be one as well, he's tough as nails even for a midget. Bah, so many good choices, I'd throw in Tommy Dreamer and Steven Richards as well for the former winners. Gah.

Edited by Bushmeister