Battle Royale: 72 Hours

Hour 32

Day 2

0700 to 0800

Morning had come again, bringing with it a brand new day. The birds were chirping, the trees swaying in the morning breeze. Just the perfect day for killing your friends.

There were twenty nine of them left, which meant that there were twenty eight more kills to be had. Twenty eight men marked by death. In this game, there were no runner ups or consolation prizes. You either won, or you died. There were no exceptions.

---

Edge and Steven Richards rested near a rocky outcropping. So far, they had managed to avoid contact with any of the other contestants. Hopefully, their luck would hold out, at least for another twenty four hours.

Edge: “Can I ask you something?”

Richards: “Go ahead.”

Edge: “If the final two came down to us, would you kill me?”

Richards: “I guess. Well, yeah, I think I would. Wouldn’t you do the same?”

Edge: “Why? Wouldn’t we be better off finding a way to escape? There’s got to be a way off this island.”

Richards: “If there was a way to escape, I would gladly take it. But for now, we don’t have much choice. It’s kill or be killed. I’m…I’m sorry, but that’s just what I would do.”

Edge: “I…I guess you’re right.”

Richards: “Look man, I just don’t want to die.”

Edge kept quiet, thinking to himself.

Richards: “Let’s worry about that later, ok?”

Richards stood up, patting Edge’s shoulder. Their destination, the hospital, loomed ominously in the distance. Inside, the killing was about to start again. Unfortunately, they were going to come face to face with death a lot sooner than that.

Richards: “C’mon, let’s get going.”

---

Undertaker sprinted across the island, completely oblivious the pain in his leg. Driven by a mixture of adrenaline and fear, he didn’t stop until he was a safe distance from where he was attacked.

Leaning against a tree, he took several deep breaths, observing a venomous snake devour a small boar. Wiping the sweat from his face, he closed his eyes, trying to get his body to relax. He had just wasted a lot of energy, and without any food, he would soon faint from exhaustion. Maybe he might as well try to eat the snake.

As he calmed down, the seriousness of his situation caught up to him. Pain shot through his leg, just as he noticed a trickle of blood flowing down his pants. Had he been shot? He hadn’t felt anything, but the blood was there alright, along with a gash in his pants. Pulling up his pants to investigate the wound, he breathed a sigh of relief. What had struck him wasn’t a bullet, but a small shard of glass, most likely from the window he smashed through.

Gritting his teeth, he gripped the shard tightly, before removing it from the cut. He wished he had some water to wash the wound, but after what he’d been though, he was satisfied with just his life.

Too bad within the next twenty four hours, that would be gone too.

---

Shane Douglas opened his eye, wondering why his other eye was refusing to open. Was he having another one of his hangovers? Trying again, it suddenly dawned upon him that his eye was missing, having been ripped out by a certain Arn Anderson. Thinking about it made him angry, until he realized that Arn Anderson was already dead.

He sat up, grabbing hold the axe lying on the bedside table. He spent the next few minutes stretching, trying to ease aching joints. Losing an eye was bad enough, having a body that didn’t want to respond to you was even worse. It was though, but if it meant the difference between life and death, he could damn well deal with it.

Leaving the house behind, he scanned his surroundings, trying to decide his next destination. His vision finally settled on a mansion not to far away. At least, it didn’t seem that far away, but he couldn’t really be sure. Still, at least he had a target. Allowing his axe to rest on his shoulder, he started off on his journey.

---

Teddy Hart hid in the shadows, trying to avoid the places brightly lit by rays from the sun. He wanted to win, and in order to do so, he had to keep the element of surprise on his side. In a game where it was every man for himself, it never hurt to have the advantage, regardless of how small it may be.

As he lay in wait for some clueless stranger to walk by, he wondered how Jerry Lynn and Bill DeMott were doing. He had yet to hear their names announced, which meant that they were still alive. Had somebody freed Lynn? No matter, since he was going to win this thing anyway, the odds were likely that their paths would cross again. And then, he would have all the time in the world to have him suffer.

Bored, he closed his eyes, listening to the chirping of the birds. As he listened, he became aware of a second sound. Somebody was coming in his direction. He unsheathed his knife, taking another good luck at the diamonds encrusted in the grip. His victim was approaching, and soon another sacrifice would be made.

The Grim Reaper was definitely going to be having a busy day.

29 Wrestlers Remaining

OOC: Yes, I know this sounded more like a giant preview than anything else. The next one will be starting off on a new story arc.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Teddy Hart, getting himself gutted on such a short notice :( [/predictions of the immediate future]

Douglas' forgotten his missing eye TWICE now :P Dumb hick. Seriously, I'm waiting on how you are going to solve the Christian/Cena-situation. I'm hoping that you don't resort to someone driving Christian away, as Cena hatching a master plan to take care of Christian is a source of some major suspension.

*has flasbacks of BR 1*

Isn't it disgusting when Shane Douglas simply walks around with one eye missing? And Teddy Hart, I think, made his first appearence in the latest chapter. Maybe you forgot him or soemthing, Gongsun.

EDIT: Just checked and saw that Hart had actually appeared two times already. But still, that isn't a lot, compared to some other people.

Edited by sirdavinator

Spoilers damnit~! <_<

*crosses Taker, Edge and Stevie Night Heat off his list*

"Face-to-face with death" is a brutally vague phrase. Taker's gone, no doubt, but Edge and Stevie COULD just be forced to kill someone or something along those lines.

Good chapter, and it'll be interesting if douglas goes to the mansion(sp?). Since for any one who's read foley's books or knows his training days douglas and him trained together and were quite good friends up to his ECW days. Though by the sounds of it after he went to WWF douglas kinda got annoyed with him since he thought foley was gonna suffer the same fate as him ( stupid gimmick and be a jobber ). Any who enough with the history lession... <_< ...

I hope taker goes bad-ass taker and kills a few guys before the day is done. But by the looks of things it won't happen unless he runs into foley or another one of his friends. Or could he perhaps become a puppet to vince? So many possiblities...

I almost feel bad for edge, you can see stevie will turn on him if he must. Then again this is the same stevie who in ECW dressed up like other wrestlers and had some weird obession with raven....maybe his character wasn't too off from his normal personality.... :rolleyes:

Any who, can't wait to read the next installment.

Great update. Sometimes you don't need a ton of killing and action to have a good chapter. I am sure you will make up for it with more killing next chapter lol. I am still pulling for Spike Dudley <_<

Hour 33

Day 2

0800 t0 0900

BG James was free. Not from the Battle Royale, of course, but from the accursed hospital that had almost gotten him killed. He thought about going back to get his friends, but there was no way he was going back in there, even in the day time. Getting lost in the labyrinth of corridors once was already bad enough. Plus, the fact that there was a crazed killer inside just waiting to kill him didn’t help either.

He stumbled away from the hospital, with no particular direction in mind, other than to get away from the building. Not looking where he was going, he ended up losing his balance and rolling down a small hill. He quickly got up and dusted himself off, continuing on his less than merry way.

Still not paying any particular attention to where he was going, he stumbled through the forest blindly. The next thing he knew, he heard the rustling of leaves, and then he found himself under attack by none other than Teddy Hart.

He didn’t even have time to react. His attacker had sprung from the bushes, planting a dagger in his back in a blink of an eye. BG James had barely begun to register the wound before the knife came down again, this time slicing through the back of his neck. This time, he wasn’t going to be getting anymore chances. His shotgun fell to the ground, followed shortly thereafter by his own limp body.

Teddy Hart was ecstatic. His first victim had gone down in seconds, despite being armed to the teeth with a shotgun. If this was the kind of challenge he was going to be facing, there was no doubt in his mind that everyone would be dead by nightfall. To him, the thought of anyone but Teddy Hart winning the competition was impossible.

He bent down, meaning to pick up the shotgun. Unfortunately, it was stuck under the corpse, which meant that he would have to do a little work. The thought of blood all over his hands sickened him, but he guessed that was the price to pay for winning.

However, just as he grabbed hold of his victim’s shoulders, he heard two voices coming from behind him. He thought of grabbing the shotgun and wasting both of them right now, but the risk of being caught while he was still unprepared managed to give him a tiny ounce of self control. Forgetting about the shotgun for now, he ducked back into the woods. However, he had barely taken a few steps when curiosity and his ego got the better of him, as he returned to his previous location, hiding behind a tree.

Meanwhile, Edge and Steven Richards entered the scene, taking notice of the body immediately. Richards quickly dashed over, kneeling beside the body and trying to find a pulse.

Edge: “Is…he dead?”

Richards: “He’s been stabbed in the neck. I’m pretty sure he is.”

Catching sight of the shotgun, Richards rolled the body over, trying to free it.

Richards: “The body is still warm. Whoever did this may still be around.”

Curious, Edge made his way over, placing a hand on top of BG Jame’s head. If it wasn’t for the blood, he would have been sure he was just sleeping. Somehow, he couldn’t help but feel that he was open his eyes and spring up.

Richards: “We better go. It’s not safe here.”

Edge: “What about the body? Are we just going to leave it there?”

Richards: “What else can we do? It’s not like we could carry it with us.”

Edge sighed, unable to tear his eyes away from the corpse. Richards, simply observed his partner, wondering what was going through his mind. Distracted, he failed to notice Teddy Hart a few meters behind them, observing them from behind a tree.

With their backs turned, the opportunity was impossible to resist. If he acted fast, he could stab Edge before he could raise his gun, and then quickly finish Richards off. It would be a piece of cake. Readying his dagger again, he leapt out from behind his cover, heading straight for Edge.

Unfortunately, his lack of stealth soon foiled his plans, as Richards turned around, spotting him running towards them, dagger raised. Quickly, he grabbed the Beretta from Edge’s waist, before pointing it directly at Hart and squeezing the trigger. It hit him square in the gut, instantly bringing his charge to a stop. Alerted by the gunshot, Edge turned around just in time to see Teddy Hart’s dagger fall to the floor.

As Edge tried to figure out what was happening, Teddy Hart stared blankly at the hole in his gut, not believing what had happened. He was supposed to be invincible. He had not even considered the possibility of getting hurt. To him, the idea of getting shot was as impossible as him losing the contest. Meanwhile, Richards got ready to fire again, but Edge grabbed his arm, snatching the weapon away. Finally snapping out of his stupor, Hart quickly left the scene, leaving Edge and Richards to their own devices.

Edge: “What the hell were you thinking?”

Richards: “Didn’t you get it? He was going to kill us?”

Edge: “And that gives us the right to kill him?”

Richards: “In this contest, yes!”

The two of them stared at each other, tempers flaring. Finally, Richards broke the silence.

Richards: “I’m…I’m sorry. I don’t know what came over me.”

Edge: “It’s ok. I can understand. I’m scared out of my wits too.”

“There they are! Those are the two who killed BG James!”

Edge and Richards turned around. Teddy Hart was back, but this time, he wasn’t alone.

28 Wrestlers Remaining

... wow.

Before this update, I was actually expecting someone to blow Hart right out of this world. And now, I'm actually expecting him to be in the final six :D An ingenious plan if I ever saw one... How will the pacifist Edge react once Konnan and Killings come shooting for them?

Guest Infamous

I have stayed up til nearly 3 in the morning reading this and all I can say is this is the single greatest thing I have ever read. I would attempt something similar, but I wouldn't do it justice. This isn't even a diary, it's more like a novel.