Perfect Albums

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Hopefully this list doesn't become too long winded...

Bad Brains - Self Titled (at the same time, good luck finding me any Bad Brains album where I'd skip a track)

Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust Inc.

Suicidal Tendencies - Self Titled

The Cramps - Bad Music for Bad People

Totally forgot about The Suicidal Tendencies first album, i never skip a song on that one either.

I never skip a song on Bad Brains's first either i just decided to put I against I instead, cause when i started i decided i would only put one album per band, which i've changed shortly afterwards.

Which songs do you skip on fresh fruit for rotting vegetables? or don't you like the album at all?

Bad Music for Bad People? Which album is that? i thought i owned them all from the Cramps.

The same goes for me with I Against I, it's really an incredible album. Simply put, I went with Bad Brains s/t to avoid being redundant (using the same album you did). The same can be said for Fresh Fruit, I think thats a great album and can't comprehend skipping a song on that album. I simply went with my favorite of the Dead Kennedys albums (which is hard to decide on in itself, DK are easily one of my top three bands). However, the DK "album" I listed is technically two albums which they later combined for CD release.

As for the Cramps "Bad Music For Bad People", all I know is that it's a brief compilation of some of their earlier stuff. It was released in 1984. My guess is that if you have everything by The Cramps, then you more than likely have everything on this album.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, Permission to Land would probably be on my list (my list would then look fucking weird, however), were it not for Givin' Up, which pisses me off :P

Some albums I forgot, to my eternal shame:

Judas Priest - British Steel

Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny

Manowar - Warriors of the World (Triumph of Steel almost makes it, but I almost always skip the first track, because you need to be in a certain mood for that :P)

Nightwish - Over The Hills And Far Away

Nightwish - Wishmaster

Nightwish - Oceanborn

Symphony X - The Odyssey

Sonata Arctica - Ecliptica

Sonata Arctica - Wolf and Raven

Yeah..I was in a rush last time :P Plus, it takes a while to get Rhapsody out of my system. After listening to that, it's a while before it sinks in that not everything is as Godly, and that I should lower my standards for a while :P

Guest Faded Sanity

Metallica- The Black Album

Big "n" Rich: Horse of a diffrent Color

AC/DC Back in Black

Guns N' Roses- Greatest Hits

I'm not a big fan of country music but the band Big N Rich is just so diffrent. I found it in a bargin box for about 2 bucks at Wal-mart and decided I would give it a listen. I liked it and since then I have listend to it every day.

Our Lady Peace- Naveed, Clumsy, Happiness Is Not a Fish You Can Catch, and Spiritual Machines.

Thursday- Full Collapse, War All the Time

Bob Dylan- Blonde on Blonde

Brand New- Deja Entendu

Any Coheed and Cambria

Damien Rice- O

Desaparacidos- Speak Spanish, Read Music

Glassjaw- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence

J5- Quality Control

My Chemical Romance- Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

NIN- The Fragile

Anything by Pearl Jam

Anything by Rage Against the Machine

Sublime- 40 Ounces of Freedom

Tool- Lateralus

Weezer- Blue Album

And strange as it might sound... Any Bruce Springsteen.

For almost two years the only CD's that I listened to all the way through over and over would have to be CKY - Infiltrate. Destroy. Rebuild and CKY - Volume 1. Other CD's I have been able to listen to straight threw several times would be The Misfits - Static Age and Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First.

NOT off the top of my head.

I'm gonna look at my collection as I do this.

Bjork - "Homogenic"

The Killers - "Hot Fuss"

Add N To (X) - "Loud Like Nature"

Polysics - "Polysics Or Die!!!"

Ladytron - "Light & Magic"

Massive Attack - "Mezzanine"

Chemical Brothers - "Surrender"

Muse - "Showbiz"

Muse - "Absolution"

Back in the day I'd have included Third Eye Blind and Feeder but not n'more!

Multiple Aphex, Autechre and Adult albums are mindblowing, more so than some of these, but have the odd song I don't enjoy so they can't be included... The above aren't all the best albums, just the ones I don't have to skip through at all....

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

"Perfect" Albums

Green Day - "American Idiot" : All around a great album, in my opinion. From tracks such as "American Idiot" to "Whatshername", the album just flows really well and hasn't got boring since I purchased it several months back.

Sevendust - "Animosity" : All around greatness, IMO.

CKY - "Infiltrate . Destroy . Rebuild" : Another surprisingly good album. When I first got this, I listened to it none stop - but now my interest in it as slowly faded. However, when I do decide to listen to it, there isn't a track that I have to skip.

Not Quite Perfect

Sevendust - "Home" : It's a good album, although I'm always inclined to skip a few of their tracks, namely "Headtrip" and "Bender".

Korn - "Greatest Hits Vol. 1" : This album, for a 'Greatest Hits' album, generally lacks some of the Korn tracks that should be included (eg. "Faget", "Dead Bodies Everywhere" & "Everything I've Known"). Some of the inclusions are meh, such as the Freak on a Leash remix and Twist. However, this album is good, but doesn't hold up with the ones mentioned above, especially for a 'Greatest Hits" album.

Erm, tough, tough, tough. I've got a few, about 3 or 4 with a few on the edge.

Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory

Against Me! - Reinventing Axl Rose

Opeth - Blackwater Park

Not sure about

Opeth - Deliverence (I haven't heard much of Opeth, but from what i've heard and from what a buddies told me they were on the top of their game around Blackwater... and Deliverence)

Strung Out - The Element of Sonic Defiance (It's weird as I actually like it more than Blackwater Park and Reinventing Axl Rose but to me, it's not 'perfect')

Muse - Absolution (There best work to date, simply great)

The Libertines - Up the Bracket (They were one of the best things to happen to British music. Even though he's a smackrat Pete Doherty is a legend in his own time, a truly outstanding song writer and performer)

Metallica-The Black Album and SevenWiser-s/t are the only ones for me. There are quite a few that come close, usually they have one song that I always skip (the song I skip is in brackets):

finger eleven-s/t (Thousand Mile Wish)

Puddle Of Mudd-Come Clean (Piss It All Away) and Life On Display (Sydney)

The Exies-Head For The Door (Slow Drain)

Green Day-American Idiot (Homecoming)

The Punisher Soundtrack (Mark Collie-In Time)

The GardenState Soundtrack is a recent one for me. Amazing list of songs from top to bottom plus nobody and I mean nobody beats Simon and Grafunkel(did I spell it right :P )