• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow.

He's Mariano freakin' Rivera.

The cutter Varitek hit was a fluke home run.

Today, he just sucked, I'll admit. But wow. I hate the Yankee fans (and nonfans) who think the Yankees should be concerned because Rivera wasn't superman as usual. Once I hear from Rivera that he's worried, I'll be worried. As a closer, his confidence is very important.

Edited by sahyder1

Wow, I was watching the Indians game after I got home from school and they were losing for the whole game. I stopped watching after the 7th and then I get on espn to see what the final was and they scored 4 runs on 3 straight homers and that is 3 more homers then they have had all season. Then they go into extra innings and match the total amount of runs they scored all series in one inning. Like I have said before any of four teams in the Central could finish in first.

Wow, I was watching the Indians game after I got home from school and they were losing for the whole game.  I stopped watching after the 7th and then I get on espn to see what the final was and they scored 4 runs on 3 straight homers and that is 3  more homers then they have had all season.  Then they go into extra innings and match the total amount of runs they scored all series in one inning.  Like I have said before any of four teams in the Central could finish in first.

AHHHHHHHHH!

Flying magnets and paper airplanes!

So...Sox won 6-5 over Toronto in the game I went too...but the fans just deicded to randomly throw down the magnet schedules and the paper airplanes from the care packages we were given at random times during the game...

Edit: Also..that outfield wall that has the out of town scores on it is such a fucking waste....cut Damon open when he ran into it and now he's out today and got stiches....

They could have easily put that behind and above the outfield wall rather then using a god damn plexi-glass...

Edited by Cole37

AHHHHHHHHH!

Flying magnets and paper airplanes!

So...Sox won 6-5 over Toronto in the game I went too...but the fans just deicded to randomly throw down the magnet schedules and the paper airplanes from the care packages we were given at random times during the game...

Edit: Also..that outfield wall that has the out of town scores on it is such a fucking waste....cut Damon open when he ran into it and now he's out today and got stiches....

They could have easily put that behind and above the outfield wall rather then using a god damn plexi-glass...

At the start of the game I was liking it but then when I found out it wasn't padded....the problem started.

I know Wrigley isn't padded but it's that way for the whole outfield....with this some is padded some isn't...

Not right.

Big win for the Jays today. Not that it means anything this early in the season, but it's good to see the boys play well at home. Eric Hinske has had a fantastic first 6 games, hopefully he's returned to his Rookie of the Year form.

The Mets finally won a game, and Pedro went the distance scattering 2 hits and giving up just one run. Smoltz K'ed 15 but took the loss on a Beltran 2 run dinger in the 8th.

dayum....can't believe I missed this one. Was this game on FSNY/MSG or was it WB? I'm hoping it wasn't WB because that would mean I could catch one of the repeats. Pedro is gonna have on sick year.

Guest Bluesman

Twins/White Sox...

I didn't tune in until late to the Braves/Mets, but that hustle double from Reyes was nice. He took a single up the middle and turned it into a double. The guy was moving so fast he damn near overslid the bag. I wish I would have caught the rest of the game, as someone mentioned it was Smoltz and Martinez putting on a show for most of the game. 15 K's for Smoltz and 9 for Pedro. Damn.

Good game. Well, not really a good game, but it was fun. Seeing Roberts and Lowe was cool, but where the fuck was Pokey? The fans giving a near standing O to Rivera was fucking great. Very clasy move by him I thought to tip his cap and laugh about it. He gained some respect from me. Nice to see Torre get cheered too. He deserves it. The crowd was all over A-rod and it was great!

Anyway, Sox win 8-2.

Jays kicking ass so far tonight, 6-0 after 4. Great to see the boys beat up on Sarloos early, and Chacin is in top form. For those interested, all Rogers Cable subscribers in Toronto can get the game on the Digital Cable preview channel.