Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I play, and set my DS up with my wireless net, but im not sure how to work friends and friendcodes. So if someone (J, looking at you) could teach me, we could sort something out.

You just need to register each other's friend codes in the Pal Pad (key item you get in Jubilife), and then go downstairs in the Pokémon Centers for WiFi trading/battling. You issue an activity, such as level 50 battle, and the other person applies to join that activity.

ok im officially stuck... i need to get to lake acuity but i cant get through mt coronet, i have strength and rock smash but there is a section at th ebeginning of the cave that is impossible to get through the rock cant be pushed as it is between two other rocks that cannot be pushed or smashed...i dont get it

EDIT: Never mind, im stupid there was a one square gap between one of the rocks...im gonna chalk it up to me being tired when i first got to that point...lol

Edited by 450_Splash

Where do I get the Versus Seeker in Fire Red? I just got the Marshbadge after beating Sabrina, my current team is:

Blastoise

Jolteon

Fearow

Vileplume(HM Slave)

Mankey

Butterfree

Blastoise,Jolteon and Fearow are in good levels but I need to train up Mankey and Butterfree so the Versus Seeker would be useful.

Where do I get the Versus Seeker in Fire Red? I just got the Marshbadge after beating Sabrina, my current team is:

Blastoise

Jolteon

Fearow

Vileplume(HM Slave)

Mankey

Butterfree

Blastoise,Jolteon and Fearow are in good levels but I need to train up Mankey and Butterfree so the Versus Seeker would be useful.

Vermillion Pokémon Center. Girl by the counter.

If I was looking to get a Pokemon game (since I used to quite enjoy playing them on the GB emulator I had), what should I pick up, considering I don't really care much for the fluff around it, more just what equates to being the best game? Basically, I don't really mind how old, what Pokemon are it or not it, yadda yadda yadda.

It'd be for the DS, so DS or GBA games only.

• 1 month later...

*sigh*

I decided to dig out my Leaf Green today, only to find it won't save. My Fire Red will still save, so I think it's the cartirdge, rather than my GBA. Speaking of which.... is it worh me upgrading my GBA to a DS? I only really use it for Pokemon games (Blue, Red, Gold, Silver, LG, FR... maybe Ruby and Sapphire somewhere) - so will they all still work on a DS?

Also, does anyone now the cheapest place to buy a replacement copy of LG? Or does anyone have an old one they wish to donate to me??

The DS only takes GBA titles, original GameBoy or GB Colour titles like R/B or G/S aren't going to work.

You could try Gamestation for LG, I think I got a cart only copy for £3-4. That was a couple of years ago though and any store you might have will probably have purged themselves of such 'retro' stuff.

*sigh*

I decided to dig out my Leaf Green today, only to find it won't save. My Fire Red will still save, so I think it's the cartirdge, rather than my GBA. Speaking of which.... is it worh me upgrading my GBA to a DS? I only really use it for Pokemon games (Blue, Red, Gold, Silver, LG, FR... maybe Ruby and Sapphire somewhere) - so will they all still work on a DS?

Also, does anyone now the cheapest place to buy a replacement copy of LG? Or does anyone have an old one they wish to donate to me??

I got my pre-owned Leaf Green from ebay for about £15. Had a bunch of rares and legendary (not advertised) which was awesome, and it was just the game cartridge in a padded envelope...which is exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty sure some parent sold it on ebay as a form of punishment. :lol:

Here's one on ebay going in 40 mins, it's current bid is £3.70! Cartridge only though. Get in there.

As a guy who's been in love with the series since the original games, I thought maybe I should finally learn to EV train so I can battle competitively online. I'm not totally sure I'm doing this right, though. So, umm, yeah, somebody look over this and tell me if I'm doing it wrong.

I took an untouched Moltres that I got from Fire Red. I attached the Power Lens (+4 EVs in Special Attack) to it, and then infected it with Pokerus (x2 EVs). I went to the old chateau to fight Gastly (1 EV in Special Attack) and attempt to max out my Special Attack at 252 EVs. I used this equation:

Pokerus (Power Lens + Gastly)

2 (4 + 1)

2 (5)

So, earning 10 EVs per battle, I fought Gastly 25 times (25 x 10), for a total of 250 EVs in Special Attack. I then took off my Power Lens, decreasing my EVs per battle count to 2, and fought an additional Gastly to earn 252 EVs in total.

Did I do that right? Also, what stat would best to max out the EVs on next, for Moltres? I was thinking either Speed or HP.

• 1 month later...

Just got Platinum today, traded three eggs over from Pearl, can't remember what's in any of them. Have Onix (which I've never raised before) and a Turtwig as my Pokémon while waiting for things to hatch. Loved the changes so far, especially the GTS & WiFi Square.

Oh, adding Drifloon to my squad in about five minutes when it becomes Friday

Edited by PkmnTrainerJ

• 2 weeks later...
Does the clefairy section in the Game Arcade ever end?

Yeah, but once you've got it going it takes ages. Though if you get a good streak, talk to the woman at the counter and she'll hand over the TM for Explosion.