Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, if Chelsea are willing to pay that price, then who's to say? In a couple of years, that may seem like a bargin. I mean, Ronaldinhio at £24.4m is a bargin, and that's Ronaldinhio.

Every player Chelsea have bought in the last 3 seasons have been ATLEAST 10m over than what they should have spent:

Ferrerira - 13m - He's worth about 3 or 4m

Drogba - 24m - Worth 14m at the most

Essien - 24m - Worth around 16m in my opinion

Carvalho - 19m - This is the most ridiculous in my opinion

There's more obviously but those are the main rip-offs for me. If Chelsea want a player they just pay over the top prices to get them, they could get anybody they wanted. If they bid 60m for Ronaldinho and Barca rejected they would just come back with a 70 or 80m bid because it makes no difference to them.

It's because he's a glorified gangster, they can't stop him for the subtle dealings though partly because he's got the Russian government in his hands and the best way to hide extra money is to spend it and palm it off as a business expense, thus his desperation to buy a big football club.

What you said about playing with the market though is something that's always happened. People are aware of what sort of money people have because most have to prepare public accounts due to being PLC's. You see it a lot with teams trying it on to get a few more million out of a deal, the secret is to wait until the deadline approaches and then they just meet the deal you were after. If they REALLY want the player anyway

He does spend alot of money, but do you know much he has made on season tickets, shirt sales etc? It's not enough to cover the losses made by the transfers nor have been the out-goings of players (which have been quite high for money compared to most teams in the league). He isn't losing as much money as you would think, besides he has nearly 9 bn (the interest on that alone would make a couple of signings for Chelsea by itself). Does he really need any more money? He has enough businesses to make him money, probably views it more as a hobby anyway.

I wish people would stop complaining about Chelsea's money.

They've bought the likes of Duff, Veron, Cole, Bridge, Johnson, Lampard, Wright-Phillips and Scott Parker, putting much needed money back into the English game. The extortionate amount of money the clubs recieve (particularly the likes of West Ham, Charlton, Man City etc) is being put back into the domestic game, particularly the lower leagues.

Compare it to Arsenal, who seemingly have a policy to only buy abroad, and Chelsea are doing a fucking huge amount to help the game. Chelsea have hardly ruined football - Man Utd have spent money, albeit on many of the wrong players - and Chelsea/Wigan showed that this season's title race will be hotly contested, as Chelsea are beatable. Who gives a fuck if Ambramovic is a criminal? I certainly don't. He's pumped money back into English football and, from the various news sources, into his homeland. Fair play to him.

Helping the game?

Not really. Because any team will be outbid. As Wenger said, a market for Chelski and a market for everyone else.

Example, Manchester City, would probably have sold SWP for around £10-14m but they wait for Chelsea to bid, hold out for £20m and get it.

It isn't helping at all really just throwing tainted money around.

Villa have this afternoon agreed terms with Liverpool for striker Milan Baros.

The Czech international will now undergo a medical, with a view to signing  a four-year deal tomorrow.

Operations Director Steve Stride told www.avfc.co.uk : "We've reached an agreement with Liverpool to sign the player and the next step is for him to have a medical. Hopefully we can soon conclude the deal."

Bout freakin' time.

Villa have this afternoon agreed terms with Liverpool for striker Milan Baros.

The Czech international will now undergo a medical, with a view to signing  a four-year deal tomorrow.

Operations Director Steve Stride told www.avfc.co.uk : "We've reached an agreement with Liverpool to sign the player and the next step is for him to have a medical. Hopefully we can soon conclude the deal."

Bout freakin' time.

I get the feeling he's going to Villa beacuse of Houllier being the Lyon manager. Did he not say just after Benitez got the job that if Houllier had still been Liverpool maneger he was leaving?

Edited by Turbonegro

Cardiff have had a bid accepted by Kilmarnock for striker Kris Boyd.

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones is keen to add another attacker to his ranks and will now talk over personal terms with the player after having a bid accepted by the SPL side.

Killie had offered the 22-year-old an improved offer to stay at Rugby Park but he wanted a fresh challenge in England.

Manager Jim Jefferies says that they faced losing Boyd for nothing next summer if they did not allow him to head to Cardiff.

"I had a long chat with Kris and his father over the bid and our increased two-year offer," Jefferies told the club website.

"It became clear Kris wants a new challenge and feels going to play in England will enhance his game and I respect that.

"He is a great lad and has been a good player for us and he goes with the club's best wishes.

"We were keen to hold on to Kris and knocked back the bids from Aberdeen, but being realistic, once an offer came in that met our valuation there was very little chance that Kris would remain a Kilmarnock player as he could have gone for nothing next summer."

Guest Booker T & The MG's

I agree, his agent has been very scathing about Kilmarnock recently and that's not helped any deal to stay or go.

Boyd has potential but at his age there is more of a chance he gets lost than standing out down south.