Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Sony Computer Entertainment recently released 4,000 invitations to eligible members of its Playstation Underground to become beta testers for online play for the upcoming WWE PS2 title WWE Smackdown vs. RAW.

The latest info is that testing is set to begin, and betas will be sent out to gamers by Friday, August 20th.

If testing goes well, Smackdown vs. RAW will be the first wrestling title to go online. We'll keep you posted on the latest details of the game, which is set to release this fall.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike online gaming as a whole. It's too much of a bother, and nothing beats having two or three of you mates having a laugh in the same room as you.

So even if it is online, I shall casually ignore it. :thumbsup:

it´s not the first wrestling game that goes online...

with 4000 games send out i guranty this one will end up on the internet 2 days after they send it out (tops) - the only question is if they restrict it to internet only use.

Edited by Michael Matzat

if it needs to be PS2 go with Online Pro Wrestling, wich is the basis for the newest Smackdown game

if it has to be WWE/WWF and English you can go with With Autorety!

if it has to be old, you can go with dreamcasts Fire Pro Wrestling D

asides from that you have several E-Feds whom technicly are gaming as well, and i know at least one PHP based Wrestling Statesbuilding Game in Germany

So you see there are plenty, no idea wich was the very first there are so manny

there was one indypended free online Wrestling game for the PC as well, this list should be easylee to make longer and longer and longer.

Edited by Michael Matzat

WOW..these confirm a LOT more people. And Dudleyz are in this one..(as we all figured though) and very up to date. I don't care what people say...Rene Dupree looks awesome...in the ring..and at the match up screen.

And I love the way it looks when you're on the ramp. I remember someone saying with the camera at the angle it is now, there might be problems with teh crowd getting in the way, but the way they did it looks good.

i was really hoping that they would work on teh collison detection a little more but i can live with it.. i for one am glad they cut the backstage areas down. this is really looking better with each update.. i'm kinda pissed because create a move isn't in there but thats just wishful thinking :)

More on the unclear onlineness...

Sony Computer Entertainment recently released 4,000 invitations to eligible members of its Playstation Underground to become beta testers for online play for the upcoming WWE PS2 title WWE Smackdown vs. RAW.

The latest info is that testing is set to begin, and betas will be sent out to gamers by Friday, August 20th.

If testing goes well, Smackdown vs. RAW will be the first wrestling title to go online. We'll keep you posted on the latest details of the game, which is set to release this fall.

- Credit: 411M... Insidepulse.com

well after watching the video mats linked too i msut say its looking damn good . the belts look a little weird and the fact that only a few submission moves are escapable with the new meter. i hope they fix those two. I think the spanking thing is a little weird i mean but i probably won't be playing braw and panties matches anyway.. the really great thing i noticed was the new royal rumble feature.. it looks awesome now i don't have to worry about my little cousin just running around dropkicking me out of the rumble like he did in hctp

"Tell you what he just got his bell rung on that one...Tell you what - Tell yo - Tell you what he just got his bell rung on that one."

Ladies and Gentleman, SD vs RAW's replacement for JBI's "Feel the INTENSITY!" :P

1.) The commentary is just as BAD as it has always been, constantly cutting between soundfiles with no logic at all

2.) The Cell bumps are just as UNREALISTIC as they've always been.

3.) The chairs look to have the same damage as they've always had.

4.) The general play of the game looks exactly the same, yes theyve thrown in stare-offs etc. But the actual strike and moves are animated and structured in the same way as before, so it plays the same.

5.) The crowd chants, as Matz said, sound nothing like their TV counterparts, the benoit one for example, is way too fast.

6.) The strike and many of the move sound fx are horrible, the human body doesnt crunch or thud loudly when it's struck.

7.) Not in these videos, but the speed of light climbing of the cell and ladders is still in, Ugh.

8.) The Raw vs SD ani that occurs during the finisher is annoying, and might be a bit too long for more rapid finishers (maybe)

Good things

1.) The new bulldog animation is good

2.) Kane's entrance, not a fan of Takers at all.

3.) Kane in general, is well animated

4.) Crowd chanting the 123

5.) Takers tombstone being animated with the Taker pin as well (cant remember if they had this in HCTP)

6.) Benoit and Orton look good

5.) Takers tombstone being animated with the Taker pin as well (cant remember if they had this in HCTP)

That was in HCTP, but only after you unlocked Legend Undertaker.

Having watched only the first two (Taker and Kane's entrances) the walking towards the ring looks really wierd. And Taker walks FAR too fast in his entrance. He's supposed to walk slowly towards the ring, not rush heaps, so that he's raising the lights as the second loop of the organ music is beginning.

OK fine, that last bit was a tad nitpicky. Sue me. :P

maybe they'll have it so you can turn the commentary off or better yet maybe they will fix most of the things listed already before the final release. I really hope online mode makes it that way i can beat my friend 3 states away with matt hardy. so far the entracnes are looking great and the raw& smackdown logo that flashes up for a special will get annoying so maybe they will fix that. I just hope they've improved caw mode some more especially with teh hair features

maybe they will fix most of the things listed already before the final release.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, aw man, thanks Doc, I needed a goood laugh.

Of course you'll buy it doc, you're a loyal WWE fan :P

Everyone will buy it, that's precisely the problem! And that is why until a a game like Pro Wrestling X is made, Yukes can sit on their fucking hands and magically figure out how to make the gfx better than the previous year, and then make "new" features like the PPV mode (...) and yet again fail to have a complete or even updated roster (that IMO is unexcusable, i mean for fucks sake!). There's no competition for them (atm), so ironically, they'll continue to make games on cruise control, without much care to improving their product, why? Because they have a monopoly of the US wrestling game market, does this sound familar at all? :P