The official World Cup Quali Week thread

The Third Dukes

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how everyone lashes out at a manager when things go a bit shit. How is it the silly Swede's fault? On the night the players were shit. Blame them, not Sven

Considering that in the last game, Gerrard apparently didnt know what his role was, I think I will go ahead and blame the manager on this one. I normally don't, but I think he is completely off with this 4-5-1 formation. Like RM said on msn, with Owen, Defoe and Rooney, we shouldnt be playing with one up front.

I seriously don't understand the Hargreaves substitution. Why not bring on a more attacking player? Fucked.

On a shit note, that french fuck Henry hits one shot all night and beats Republic 1-0. Who knows how to swear in french?

Merdé, or something to that effect.

Edited by MDK

Gerrard and Rooney out on the left - What an awesome idea.

Bringing our only effective player off for Joe Cole when the second half has barely got going - Superb.

Changing the formation to accomodate the most overrated English player of all time, which pretty much renders the rest of your attack useless - Fucking stupid.

Playing Owen when he hasn't played a competitive game all season when you've got Defoe on the bench - A stroke of genius. Fuck, even Heskey would've been more effective than Owen.

Owen Hargreaves - Bwahahahahahahaha.

Sven's useless. Like mudda said there's no chance he'll be fired before the World Cup, but hopefully he'll be gone when we go out in the quarters.

Quarters?!

Hah hah I forsee scraping into the World Cup.

I forsee a win and two losses or a win, loss and draw so we limp into the second round.

Then I forsee us losing to Sweden, Denmark or Norway.

From the sounds of it it's McClaren who does the shouting in the dressing room.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

McClaren should be England manager, now that Pearce has ruled himself out for at least 10 years.

And I've just realised Heskey was on the bench - he really should've been brought on. I never thought I'd say that, but Owen was useless and Cole was chucking in crosses to no one.

Yeah because he's certainly worth building a team around.

Because a 4-5-1 played to his strengths, didn't it?

He played the best with what he was given.......and to say he's the most over-rated English football player ever is bullshit....he carried our side 4-5 years ago when we were an average nation....the difference is, now we have others who have/should take the brunt of things, and do. So Beckham's contribution is lessened/not as obvious....