The EWB Band 100 Results

Jook

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Beatles are great for many reasons. They really did influence music. They're probably the most well-known band of all-time. I think "Yesterday" is the most played song ever.

They've got variety. Lots of good pop songs, some good rock songs. They appeal to many different audiences.

Look at the lyrics. The lyrics are fucking strong. I have yet to see somebody write lyrics as well as Lennon and McCartney could. Hell, even Harrison. And it isn't just a couple of their songs, they were puttin' out great stuff all the time.

What I consider to probably be one of the most important reasons they're great is their voices. I listen to many of the bands today, and sometimes I can't understand what the hell they're saying, or I think "What the fuck...anybody can sing like that." Sometimes it's just untolerable. Harrison, Lennon, and McCartney have amazing voices, and Ringo wasn't that bad.

I'm done, I don't have time to go into detail about reason why I like the Beatles and think they're the greatest band of all-time. All I know is that they're different than most bands today, and I think that's great (I don't really like the way rock went after the 80's).

And Oasis....damn, I like Oasis, but I don't think they're deserving of a spot that high. They haven't really had that much of an impact, and their music isn't really that outstanding. Great (I'd rank them in the top 25) but not 11th in my eyes.

Edited by Thatz

And Oasis....damn, I like Oasis, but I don't think they're deserving of a spot that high. They haven't really had that much of an impact, and their music isn't really that outstanding. Great (I'd rank them in the top 25) but not 11th in my eyes.

I think Oasis are deservie of high placing, as they did have a big influence on music and culture at the time....although I find it funny that Blur are placed lower, although they won the "battle of Britrock".

I think "Yesterday" is the most played song ever

I do believe that honor goes to "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" by the Righteous Brothers.

Yeah. "Yesterday" is the most covered song though.

10th: Foo Fighters DOWN 5

p392.gif

9th: Nirvana NON MOVER

nirvlogo1.jpg

8th: Queen UP 12

Queen_logo.png

7th: System of a Down UP 11

92-012A.jpg

6th: Green Day UP 24

ST3862.jpg

So far...

6. Green Day

7. System of a Down

8. Queen

9. Nirvana

10. Foo Fighters

11. Oasis

12. Muse

13. Pink Floyd

14. Red Hot Chili Peppers

15. Coheed & Cambria

16. Gorillaz

17. Guns N Roses

18. Coldplay

19. The Who

20. Nine Inch Nails

21. Blur

22. The Mars Volta

23. The Pillows

24. The Killers

25. The Offspring

26. Pixies

27. The Matthew Good Band

28. The Smiths

29. Soundgarden

30. AC/DC

31. Franz Ferdinand

32. Iron Maiden

33. The Clash

34. Audioslave

35. Smashing Pumpkins

36. Queens of the Stone Age

37. Tool

38. Blink 182

39. Bob Dylan

40. Alice In Chains

41. Jeff Buckley

42. The Rolling Stones

43. Garbage

44. The White Stripes

45. The Beach Boys

46. Pearl Jam

47. Feeder

48. Fall Out Boy

49. Slipknot

50. The Libertines

51. Frank Sinatra

52. Joy Division

53. Megadeth

54. The Darkness

55. Beastie Boys

56. Aphex Twin

57. Jimi Hendrix

58. Razorlight

59. The Verve

60. David Bowie

61. Black Sabbath

62. Kanye West

63. Beck

64. Kraftwerk

65. Massive Attack

66. Marilyn Manson

67. The Doors

68. Bjork

69. The Cure

70. U2

71. My Chemical Romance

72. The Kinks

73. Janes Addiction

74. Alkaline Trio

75. The Sex Pistols

76. cKy

77. Slayer

78. At The Drive-In

79. Weezer

80. The Velvet Underground

81. Aerosmith

82. Sonic Youth

83. Pantera

84. Interpol

85. DJ Shadow

86. PJ Harvey

87. Kasabian

88. Kaiser Cheifs

89. Eels

90. Blondie

91. New Found Glory

92. Bloc Party

93. T Rex

94. Nine Black Alps

95. Pavement

96. Incubus

97. The Manic Street Preachers

98. The Strokes

99. Goldfrapp

100. Ash

I'm not a fan of any of these bands... I respect Queen, and I can see why people like them, I've just never been in to them. I hate Green Day with a passion, like most punk. I've just never been able to listen to punk without wanting to throw something. (And don't argue about Green Day 'not being punk'... they're more punk than not)

Foo Fighters and Nirvana are just... bland really. Just doesn't interest me. And System... they just don't click with me.

I'm not a fan of any of these bands... I respect Queen, and I can see why people like them, I've just never been in to them. I hate Green Day with a passion, like most punk. I've just never been able to listen to punk without wanting to throw something. (And don't argue about Green Day 'not being punk'... they're more punk than not)

Foo Fighters and Nirvana are just... bland really. Just doesn't interest me. And System... they just don't click with me.

I agree on the Punk/Green Day thing entirely.

However, I love System and the Foo's. Happy to see 'em.

besides Queen, each of those bands are at least quasi-good in my opinion. But of them, only queen is probably deserving of such a high placing on top 100 music list.

The first two Foo's albums were amazing, the next three were/are just completley average in every way. Don't deserve the top 10. Maybe somewhere in the top 100, but top 10 is pushing it.

Nirvana I have a love/hate relationship with. Some days I can't go without a bit of Nirvana. Some days I just couldn't care less about them. They're definately overhyped, and don't deserve top 10.

I've never liked Queen, I find them to be the most overated band in the entire history of music. They're just plain awful yet they get made out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Next!

Like Nirvana, I can never decide whether I actually like SOAD. They're good for what they are, but they're nothing special. They do have some cracking choons though. Again, I don't think top 10 is where they should be. I'd probably place them in my top 25, but not my top 10.

Greenday... Ugh.

Green Day, Foo Fighters and Queen are three of my favourite bands, so I'm not complaining about them.

However, System of a Down sound atrocious to me, his voice makes me wanna break things, lotsa things, then their CD.

Nirvana are a band which makes me go "how" and "why" because I've never understood what makes them so good. His voice is beyond awful, and I don't care how "great" a songwriter the guy may be, if the band's singer can't sing, I can't enjoy them at all, and that's what it's like with both Nirvana and SOAD.