The Underrated

Benji

For me it's Myth: The Fallen Lords. Sure, it got critical praise when it came out, but it never reached the heights it so richly deserved. An infinitely more enjoyable game to play than things like WarCraft and C&C - both of which seem to be near the top of every 'Top 100' list.

• 5 years later...

crying.gif

This is what happens when rules get followed. Nice guys finish last, then get mean sarcastic heart breaking comments directed towards them. I knew someone had to have already made an underrated games list so I didn't want to start a new thread, I'm bored and love to hear reflections on the past.

Now that this thread is back from the grave, and I've overcome the disappointment of realizing naiwf isn't actually back (where the fuck is that fella?), I might as well add in my .02. I think Lufia 2 and Earthbound both deserve some echoing 6 years later. I thought Yoshi Story for the N64 was a great game when I was younger, went back to it a few years back and it is still a ton of fun. For the PS2 I gotta nominate Persona 3.

• Like 1

crying.gif

This is what happens when rules get followed. Nice guys finish last, then get mean sarcastic heart breaking comments directed towards them. I knew someone had to have already made an underrated games list so I didn't want to start a new thread, I'm bored and love to hear reflections on the past.

Just give him a Diamond Cutter. :pervert:

crying.gif

Just give him a Diamond Cutter. :pervert:

He countered it into a Rock Bottom

I like that I'm not surprised at all that Benji has been harping on about FFIX for 6 years now. >_>

IT'S NOT UNDERRATED IF EVERYONE ALWAYS GOES ON ABOUT HOW GREAT IT IS!

6? Try 10. It was always overlooked because the PS2 came out just before it's release.

I like that I'm not surprised at all that Benji has been harping on about FFIX for 6 years now. >_>

IT'S NOT UNDERRATED IF EVERYONE ALWAYS GOES ON ABOUT HOW GREAT IT IS!

6? Try 10. It was always overlooked because the PS2 came out just before it's release.

I still don't think it's underrated. Overrated maybe. >_>

The people who tout it tend to really enjoy it, that's probably why. It's one of those things where the fans of it are so obnoxious about it, that it taints your own view of it. I'm happy to accept that I'm one of those people. It was the very definition of my favourite game series.

I liked it enough the first time I played it, but I've never had any urge to go back and play it again like I have with VII, VIII, X or even X-2. Maybe I'll get around to it again when I get myself a PSP and put it on there.